    there any way to swap these over so the main drive is C and the second drive
    is H ?

    David

    David Cleland, May 16, 2005

  2. Changing drive letters in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307844&sd=tech

    also: http://www.dougknox.com/tips/xp_drive_letters.htm

    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2005

  3. Hello, Andre!
    You wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 11:22:31 -0700:

    ADC> also: http://www.dougknox.com/tips/xp_drive_letters.htm

    ADC> --

    ADC> Andre
    ADC> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    ADC> FAQ for MS AntiSpy

    ADC> "David Cleland" <> wrote in message
    ??>> hi all,
    ??>>
    ??>> my main drive is letter H at the min and my secondary drive is called
    ??>> C, is there any way to swap these over so the main drive is C and the
    ??>> second drive is H ?
    ??>>
    ??>> David
    ??>>

    Hi Andre,

    Maybe we should keep it related to x64 here no ? What do you think ? For the
    average XP questions, you may always use the well establish related
    newsgroups.
    Well, my two cents anyway

    Cheers

    With best regards, Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP). E-mail:

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 16, 2005
  4. David Cleland

    Rick Guest

    Changing the drive letter of the boot drive is a very involved process
    of changing numerous entries in the registry, and in actuality is
    virtually impossible.

    You can change almost all of the other drives in the Computer Management
    panel.

    Is drive H where x64 ended up when you installed it? If so, that's
    because that was the next free letter in your system. If you want x64
    to be on drive C, you will have to hide all your other hard drive
    partitions so that x64 can install to C.

    Rick, May 16, 2005