    "D". This can't be changed under Administrative Tools. Anybody have any
    ideas how to reassign the correct letters without doing another clean
    install?
    Paul J. Veres, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Paul J. Veres

    Trax Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:22:38 GMT, "Paul J. Veres" <> wrote:

    |>When I installed WinXP Pro to my system, it assigned my first hard drive the
    |>letter "E" instead of "C" and my second hard drive the letter "C" instead of
    |>"D". This can't be changed under Administrative Tools. Anybody have any
    |>ideas how to reassign the correct letters without doing another clean
    |>install?

    You got two partitions on your second drive?
    If so change your master/slave settings.

    also refer to:

    or
    http://tinyurl.com/36xzt
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    Trax, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Paul J. Veres

    Budweiser Guest

    the only way that i have achieved it is by renaming all the drives to unused
    letters (pqrstuvwxyz) and then rename from there---it will not let you
    atribute a letter already assigned to something else
    long winded --yes--but it works
    if someone has an easier way please advise

    Budweiser, Jan 22, 2004
  4. I have only one partition on my second hard drive.

    Paul J. Veres, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Thanks for the responses. I found what I needed in
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q223188#2

    Paul J. Veres, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Paul J. Veres

    Davido Guest

    The link you cited only pertains to other Windows OS's. Will it also work
    for WinXP Pro?

    Davido, Jan 26, 2004