    thumb drive prior to power up of the USB drives. The USB drives are
    normally off except when a backup is required.

    TIA

    Mr User, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Mr User

    Guest

    Mr User schrieb:

    > Is there a way to assign a drive letter permanently to 2 x USB drives?
    >
    > I use second copy to backup 2 x 250GB drives to 2 x 250GB USB drives.
    > This gets messed up when I add another USB device such as card reader or
    > thumb drive prior to power up of the USB drives. The USB drives are
    > normally off except when a backup is required.

    Not with 'on board means'. My USB drive letter manager can handle it:
    http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

    Uwe

    , Oct 2, 2006

  3. Mr User

    Mr User Guest

    wrote:
    > Mr User schrieb:
    >
    >> Is there a way to assign a drive letter permanently to 2 x USB drives?
    >>
    >> I use second copy to backup 2 x 250GB drives to 2 x 250GB USB drives.
    >> This gets messed up when I add another USB device such as card reader or
    >> thumb drive prior to power up of the USB drives. The USB drives are
    >> normally off except when a backup is required.

    > Not with 'on board means'. My USB drive letter manager can handle it:
    > http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

    Thanks that's an interesting util. I've found though that using Computer
    Management > Disk Management I can assign a drive letter (or re-assign)
    and it seem so far to hold firm for specific USB devices.

    Mr User, Oct 3, 2006