    disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    the letter D?

    John, Nov 9, 2007

  2. John

    John Holmes Guest

    John "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hello,
    >

    > I have two IDE hard drives master/slave combo on one IDE cable and a
    > DVD on the #2 IDE cable.
    >

    > Everything was working fine until I #1 IDE cable while working on the
    > PC. I then reconnected the #1 cable and now my 2nd hard drive is the
    > leter E instead of D. The DVD has moved to letter D. I then
    > disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    > slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    > the letter D?

    Start > run > diskmgmt.msc
    Go from there. First, move the cd drives up (like M, N or higher to free
    up the D position, assign D to your second HD, them assign drive letters
    to your CD drives..

    --
    Your mother was a morbid spammer who gave birth to you in a secure
    compound.

    John Holmes, Nov 9, 2007

  3. John

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > I have two IDE hard drives master/slave combo on one IDE cable and a
    > DVD on the #2 IDE cable.
    >

    > Everything was working fine until I #1 IDE cable while working on the
    > PC. I then reconnected the #1 cable and now my 2nd hard drive is the
    > leter E instead of D. The DVD has moved to letter D. I then
    > disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    > slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    > the letter D?

    Why did you disconnect the cable? What were you doing in the case?
    --
    pcbuilder98

    pcbuilder98, Nov 9, 2007
  4. John

    who'sthat Guest

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:16:07 GMT, John <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >

    >I have two IDE hard drives master/slave combo on one IDE cable and a
    >DVD on the #2 IDE cable.
    >

    >Everything was working fine until I #1 IDE cable while working on the
    >PC. I then reconnected the #1 cable and now my 2nd hard drive is the
    >leter E instead of D. The DVD has moved to letter D. I then
    >disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    >slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    >the letter D?

    Either go back in and hook them up in the order you want
    OR
    Change the drive letters through My Computer\Manage\Disk
    Management\Right click on the drive and change drive letter

    who'sthat, Nov 9, 2007
  5. John

    John Holmes Guest

    pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>

    >> I have two IDE hard drives master/slave combo on one IDE cable and a
    >> DVD on the #2 IDE cable.
    >>

    >> Everything was working fine until I #1 IDE cable while working on the
    >> PC. I then reconnected the #1 cable and now my 2nd hard drive is the
    >> leter E instead of D. The DVD has moved to letter D. I then
    >> disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    >> slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    >> the letter D?
    >>

    > Why did you disconnect the cable? What were you doing in the case?

    Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of replying
    with illiterate questions?

    --
    Your mother was a lost clown who drank heavily in prison.

    John Holmes, Nov 9, 2007
  6. John

    TJ Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote in

    > pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>

    >>> I have two IDE hard drives master/slave combo on one IDE cable and a
    >>> DVD on the #2 IDE cable.
    >>>

    >>> Everything was working fine until I #1 IDE cable while working on the
    >>> PC. I then reconnected the #1 cable and now my 2nd hard drive is the
    >>> leter E instead of D. The DVD has moved to letter D. I then
    >>> disconnected the DVD IDE cable and rebooted and it still shows that my
    >>> slave drive is the letter E. How can I get it back to where it shows
    >>> the letter D?
    >>>

    >> Why did you disconnect the cable? What were you doing in the case?

    > Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of replying
    > with illiterate questions?

    Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the definitions of
    PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to anything else at the
    time?

    TJ, Nov 9, 2007
  7. John

    John Holmes Guest

    TJ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> wrote in
    >
    >> pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> "John" <> wrote in message

    >>> Why did you disconnect the cable? What were you doing in the case?

    >> Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of
    >> replying with illiterate questions?

    > Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the
    > definitions of PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to
    > anything else at the time?

    Mike Easter is a fucking nitwit anyway.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Nov 9, 2007
  8. John

    TJ Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote in

    > TJ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of
    >>> replying with illiterate questions?

    >> Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the
    >> definitions of PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to
    >> anything else at the time?

    > Mike Easter is a fucking nitwit anyway.

    I don't think he's a nitwit. He's verbose though, for sure.

    Type that needs to learn that more often than not, less is more.

    Probably enjoys reading his own posts over and over again.

    TJ, Nov 9, 2007
  9. John

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > John Holmes <> wrote in
    >
    > > pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    > >
    > >> "John" <> wrote in message

    > >> Why did you disconnect the cable? What were you doing in the case?

    > > Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of replying
    > > with illiterate questions?

    > Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the definitions

    of
    > PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to anything else at the
    > time?

    Cute trick. I asked because I get tired of drive by's. If it's any of you
    fucking business.
    --
    pcbuilder98

    pcbuilder98, Nov 9, 2007
  10. John

    TJ Guest

    "pcbuilder98" <pcbuilder98@_.com> wrote in

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >> John Holmes <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> > Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of
    >> > replying with illiterate questions?

    >> Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the
    >> definitions

    > of
    >> PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to anything else
    >> at the time?
    >>

    > Cute trick.

    Trick? What trick?

    I wasn't even replying to you. Check the attributions if you're able.

    > I asked because I get tired of drive by's. If it's any of
    > you fucking business.

    "Luser always first to make personal insult"

    That's a quote from you. Makes for a nice PKB, pedantic, and irony
    sandwich in this case, yes?

    TJ, Nov 9, 2007
  11. John

    pcbuilder98 Guest

    Here's what you asked for: **** YOU!
    --
    pcbuilder98

    pcbuilder98, Nov 9, 2007
  12. John Holmes wrote:
    > TJ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> pcbuilder98 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Why the **** don't you just answer the OP's question instead of
    >>> replying with illiterate questions?

    >> Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the
    >> definitions of PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to
    >> anything else at the time?
    >>

    > Mike Easter is a fucking nitwit anyway.

    Mike's posts are usually dead-on and some of the most cohesive to be
    found. They're frequently, but it's not his fault if 1) you're
    disinterested in the topic and/or 2) suffering from ADD.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 9, 2007
  13. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> TJ "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> John Holmes <> wrote in

    >>> Because s/he was too busy fighting with Mike Easter over the
    >>> definitions of PKB, pedantic, and irony to actually pay attention to
    >>> anything else at the time?
    >>>

    >> Mike Easter is a fucking nitwit anyway.

    > Mike's posts are usually dead-on and some of the most cohesive to be
    > found. They're frequently, but it's not his fault if 1) you're

    Make that "...they're frequently long..."

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 10, 2007
  14. John

    who'sthat Guest

    On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:10:43 -0600, "pcbuilder98" <pcbuilder98@_.com>
    wrote:

    >"TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> "pcbuilder98" <pcbuilder98@_.com> wrote in
    >>
    >> > "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >> > of
    >> >>
    >> > Cute trick.

    >> Trick? What trick?
    >>
    >> I wasn't even replying to you. Check the attributions if you're able.
    >>
    >> > I asked because I get tired of drive by's. If it's any of
    >> > you fucking business.

    >> "Luser always first to make personal insult"
    >>
    >> That's a quote from you. Makes for a nice PKB, pedantic, and irony
    >> sandwich in this case, yes?

    >Here's what you asked for: **** YOU!

    You can always tell the lamest losers in here from the "luser" and
    "kool\kewl" words. They were never 'cool' in high school and now they
    are trying to be appear younger.

    It's a dead give away

    who'sthat, Nov 10, 2007