    Image running under Windows XP x64? This is to take an image of a bootable
    partition for system recovery.

    Chuck

    Chuck, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Chuck

    Rob Stow Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > Is there any software such as PowerQuest's Drive Image or Acronis' True
    > Image running under Windows XP x64? This is to take an image of a bootable
    > partition for system recovery.
    >
    > Chuck

    I have had no problems simply booting from a Win9x floppy and
    running Drive Image off of that floppy. Partitions I have
    restored from saved XP-64 image files boot and run just fine.

    Rob Stow, Jul 13, 2005

  3. None yet that I'm aware of, but Rob's workaround should be fine.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Chuck

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Acronis TrueImage isn't working from the Windows GUI but it works fine from
    the bootable CD. You can install TI and create the bootable CD during
    install you just can't run TI from Windows 64.

    I tried Ghost 9 and it will install but it won't create an image.

    BootIt NG would be a good choice too.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 13, 2005
  5. Hello Chuck,

    Symantec's Norton Ghost 2003 works fine.
    Booting from CD and execute 'Ghost' from the command-line. I can take images
    from x64 and play them back without problems.

    But sorry, I haven't tried yet, to install Ghost 2003 under x64.

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 13, 2005
  6. Chuck

    WM Guest

    If you have a copy of the 32-bit tools and a 32-bit version of WinPE, you
    can use those... Will work fine. Another nice thing about X64 over Itanic -
    you can use the same WinPE CD for your X86 and X64 systems for deployment,
    recovery and diagnostics.

    WM, Jul 13, 2005
  7. I found this in a PlanetADM64 thread:
    http://www.winimage.com/misc/filedisk64.htm

    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t527.html

    Daemon Tools, WinISO, Alchohol 120% have all reported incompatible, they
    should be working on updates though.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 13, 2005
  8. Yes, I'm sure that's true -- you're not actually installing it in x64, and
    thus it should be able to take an image of the OS.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 13, 2005
  9. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Thanks to you all for the abundance of info. I'll post my findings as I try
    them.

    Chuck

    Chuck, Jul 13, 2005
  10. Would this be the current version of True Image? 8.0? I'm thinking of
    buying it.

    JC

    Jerry Criswell, Jul 14, 2005
  11. Chuck

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Nope I'm using Acronis TI Server Edition 7.634
    I haven't upgraded to TI 8 as I haven't seen any new features. I'm waiting
    for DVD burning capabilities before upgrading and TI 8 still doesn't have
    it. I have been accepted to beta test for Acronis but they don't have
    anything in the works right now that they are sharing with me.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 14, 2005
  12. OK. V8.0 should have the run from a bootable CD capability then. I think
    I'll order it.

    JC

    Jerry Criswell, Jul 14, 2005
  13. For the server versions of software, it seems that the developers take high
    priority for them on x64.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
  14. Yes Jerry. I have TrueImage 8.0 and created an image of my x64 C-drive off
    a CD.

    Chuck

    Chuck Goldstein, Jul 15, 2005
  15. Harry, TI is capable of creating images split for DVDs. You have to manually
    enter the file size instead of picking one of the drop-down file split sizes.
    I've found 4.35 GB to be the perfect size choice for copying the images over
    to DVDs.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jul 16, 2005
  16. Chuck

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Thanks but I realize that. What I mean is I am waiting for True Image to be
    able to burn natively to DVD from the True Image boot CD just as it can burn
    directly to CD now. That is it's major drawback.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 17, 2005