    accomplish it.

    Thanks,

    Scott
    Scott, Feb 7, 2010

  2. Scott

    RCan Guest

    Hi Scott,

    build in disk management (Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management or diskpart)
    can do several actions for you :
    Create, Shrink, Extend, Delete....

    Disk Management - General Overview
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd163558.aspx

    Regards
    Ramazan

    RCan, Feb 7, 2010

  3. Scott

    Carlos Guest

    Scott,
    Windows 7 has a built-in utility.
    Run diskmgmt.msc and you'll be there in a split second.
    What you want to do is to shrink C: partition and then create a new D: in
    the empty space.
    Right click on on your C: partition (graphic on the right) and choose
    "Shrink".
    Follow the instructions from there on.
    You may want to defrag C: first in order to leave enough space for the
    shrinking.

    Carlos, Feb 7, 2010
  4. Scott

    James Kosin Guest

    On 2/7/2010 8:31 AM, Scott wrote:
    > I have two partitions for 2 OS. One of partition is for Windows 7 64-bit
    > Home Premium. I would like to create a D drive in this partition to store
    > data only. Currently software and data are stored on drive C. Do I need
    > additional software to create D drive or there is built-in utility to
    > accomplish it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    One other thing... If you are going to use the partition (drive) to
    share data between the two operating systems, be sure to select a format
    they all like.

    Good Luck
    James Kosin, Feb 7, 2010