    Anything that I can do?

    Any ideas very much appreciated,

    Sonja

    Sonja, Aug 27, 2007

  2. "Sonja" <sonjarosa@googlemaildotcom> wrote in
    news::

    > After reinstalling Windows XP (Home Ed) my Drive C: became Drive H:
    >
    > This was ok for almost anything except for the installation cd of my
    > broadband provider that does not offer options to change the drive and
    > says that I don't have any space on Drive C (which is now a removable
    > disk) to install the cd.
    >
    > Anything that I can do?
    >
    > Any ideas very much appreciated,
    >
    > Sonja

    [I particularly like the way responsibility is avoided by using the objective
    perspective "... my Drive C: became...", as if by its own volition...] (^%!

    Since nearly every service, program and protocol known to Earthlings in
    the current time-space continuum tend to default to "C:\", you *do*
    apparently have what is called either an 'approach-approach' or an
    'approach-avoidance' or an 'avoidance-avoidance' conflict. If you have
    some *really good* health insurance, perhaps you could get a couple of PTSD
    therapy sessions to help yourself get it all straightened out.

    Of course if you're one of those with one of those stingy micro-managed HMOs,
    there are always the remaining options of blaming it on 1) Clinton, 2)
    secular-humanists, 3) Scientology, or 4) Global warming.

    Personally, I'd reinstall and designate C:\ as the primary drive - but that's
    just my opinion, I could be pragmatic.

    --

    http://www.elmatadorfilms.com/TheGoodBook.wmv

    (O
    |__ BECAUSE OF THE RETARDS NORMAL PEOPLE
    .-|___ CAN NEVER PARK BY THE FRONT AGAIN
    ( ) \_
    `--'

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Sonja

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You manually type H in the box where it says C it is not hard coded.

    pcbutts1, Aug 27, 2007
  4. Sonja

    Sonja Guest

    It was by it's own volition.

    I was reinstalling with the helpline support and when nothing was going
    right we just found out that the Drive C was now H. And they didn't change
    it as we were in the middle of the installation. And I though that it was
    going to be the ok. Except for this one cd all the programs that I have
    installed since then went straight to Drive H.

    Thanks anyway,

    S.

    Sonja, Aug 27, 2007
  5. Sonja

    who'sthat Guest

    On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:11:09 -0700, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    >You manually type H in the box where it says C it is not hard coded.

    DON'T do it this way. You'll lose all the associations in the
    registry.

    Right click on My Computer icon and click on Disk Management. Right
    click on your H drive and then use the Change Drive Letter and Paths
    option. This will take care of all the registry entries also.

    And like others I believe that you missed an option when you were
    re-installing your OS. The support should have mentioned this to you.

    who'sthat, Aug 27, 2007
  6. In the booklet that comes with the CD there's usually a step-by-step
    on setting your internet connections manually. The settings are contained
    in Internet Properties | Connections tab and Network Properties | your
    ISP's icon's | Rt-clk | Properties... Not much to it. I do mine by hand
    because I don't like their "Connection Managers" and all that extra stuff.

    Good luck.

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 27, 2007
  7. Sonja

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Wrong! It does not matter where you install any program the file
    associations will still be assigned, go back to school.

    pcbutts1, Aug 27, 2007
  8. Sonja

    who'sthat Guest

    Simply changing the drive letter will lead to a dead computer.

    who'sthat, Aug 27, 2007
  9. Sonja

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I never suggested changing the drive letter, you did. I told the op to
    manually change the install path. Are you ok? what you be smokin?

    pcbutts1, Aug 27, 2007