    there?? i could understand it 1 or 2 G were
    used but 6G is quite a bit anyone got any ideas how to keep from filling up
    my hard drive?
    Flagg, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Flagg

    Michael-NC Guest

    Check your recycle bin, check recycle bin settings, check the system restore
    settings, check temporary internet file settings, temporary internet files
    and temp files. Set your virtual memory to run on the second drive.

    "Flagg" <> wrote in message
    > i got two hard drives c is 20G and i put operating system (win xp home) on
    > it
    > the other is a 120G where i install programs save files and where my
    > internet downloads go
    > the system is almost 3 weeks old and when i look at my c drive it looks to
    > be filling up
    > start with using almost 2G now almost at 8G what is taking up the space

    on

    Michael-NC, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Flagg

    olfart Guest

    "Flagg" <> wrote in message
    > i got two hard drives c is 20G and i put operating system (win xp home) on
    > it
    > the other is a 120G where i install programs save files and where my
    > internet downloads go
    > the system is almost 3 weeks old and when i look at my c drive it looks to
    > be filling up
    > start with using almost 2G now almost at 8G what is taking up the space

    on
    > there?? i could understand it 1 or 2 G were
    > used but 6G is quite a bit anyone got any ideas how to keep from filling

    up
    > my hard drive?

    do a Google for SpaceMonger
    olfart, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Flagg

    Chet Guest

    I had a similar situation but didn't realize it until System Restore started
    complaining that there wasn't enough space to perform its function. In my
    case I have temporarily turned System Restore off but you can limit the
    space it uses if that is the problem.

    Chet, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Flagg

    Flagg Guest

    hey that SpaceMonger program is cool!!!! thanks

    Flagg, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Flagg

    olfart Guest

    "Flagg" <> wrote in message
    > hey that SpaceMonger program is cool!!!! thanks
    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Flagg" <> wrote in message
    > > > i got two hard drives c is 20G and i put operating system (win xp

    home)
    > on
    > > > it
    > > > the other is a 120G where i install programs save files and where my
    > > > internet downloads go
    > > > the system is almost 3 weeks old and when i look at my c drive it

    looks
    > > > be filling up
    > > > start with using almost 2G now almost at 8G what is taking up the

    > space
    > > on
    > > > there?? i could understand it 1 or 2 G were
    > > > used but 6G is quite a bit anyone got any ideas how to keep from

    > filling
    > > up
    > > > my hard drive?
    > > >

    > > do a Google for SpaceMonger

    you're welcome - hope it sorts out your problem
    olfart, Nov 17, 2003
  7. Flagg

    Plato Guest

    Michael-NC wrote:

    > Check your recycle bin, check recycle bin settings, check the system restore
    > settings, check temporary internet file settings, temporary internet files
    > and temp files. Set your virtual memory to run on the second drive.

    Prolly 5 gig of internet cache
    Plato, Nov 18, 2003