    closed the file and removed the disk. The next time I tried to use Drive A,
    it would not work. I looked into my computer file and Drive A was missing.
    I have not found a way to restore it. Any info would be appreciated. Ike
    I.D. Holmes, Jan 3, 2004

  2. I.D. Holmes

    °Mike° Guest

    Check the floppy drive cables. They may have come loose.

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:06:07 -0500, in
    <>
    I.D. Holmes scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. I.D. Holmes

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Have you looked at the front of the case? That's where the floppy drive is usually.
    If it's not there it may have fallen out. Have a look in the bottom of the case.
    Failing that just buy a new one. they are cheap.

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Jan 3, 2004
  4. I.D. Holmes

    I.D. Holmes Guest

    Kept messing around with the device manager and got it replaced. thanks.
    ike

    I.D. Holmes, Jan 3, 2004
  5. I.D. Holmes

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    :: Have you looked at the front of the case? That's where the floppy
    :: drive is usually. If it's not there it may have fallen out. Have a
    :: look in the bottom of the case. Failing that just buy a new one.
    :: they are cheap.
    ::
    ::
    :: -Barry
    :: Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
    :: Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

    I think it's IT telling the OP to move on. "Floppy Disk??" - I think I heard
    of that, once upon a time.

    ---
    c.rowlands4, Jan 3, 2004