    regular WAN?????

    Thanks in anticipation.

    P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

    TheDragon, Jul 19, 2009

  2. TheDragon

    Guest

    TheDragon schreef:
    > Is there a way to make my old Draytek 2800VG work as a plain VoIP ATA. I
    > have configures the SIP accounts to register via LAN but they dont register.
    > In fact the time wont set, anything that would normally go on the WAN will
    > work over the LAN.
    >
    > I have set the default gateway on the router to the address of my new
    > router, the new router does not have SIP, it has ports forwarded as they
    > should but nothing. If i use a standalone SIP phone, it can register fine.
    >
    > Is there an issue with Draytek registering SIP via the LAN instead of the
    > regular WAN?????
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation.
    >
    > P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

    Connect WAN Draytek with switch to LAN of PC, and use other port of
    switch to connect actual router ?
    (and don't use router of Draytek.)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 19, 2009

  3. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > TheDragon schreef:
    >> Is there a way to make my old Draytek 2800VG work as a plain VoIP ATA. I
    >> have configures the SIP accounts to register via LAN but they dont
    >> register. In fact the time wont set, anything that would normally go on
    >> the WAN will work over the LAN.
    >>
    >> I have set the default gateway on the router to the address of my new
    >> router, the new router does not have SIP, it has ports forwarded as they
    >> should but nothing. If i use a standalone SIP phone, it can register
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> Is there an issue with Draytek registering SIP via the LAN instead of the
    >> regular WAN?????
    >>
    >> Thanks in anticipation.
    >>
    >> P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

    > Connect WAN Draytek with switch to LAN of PC, and use other port of switch
    > to connect actual router ?
    > (and don't use router of Draytek.)
    >
    > --
    > Bedankt, Thanks,
    >
    > The Fug.

    The Draytek doesn't have a WAN port. It has an internal DSL modem. The 2820
    has dual WAN, that would have worked, but I only have the 2800VG version. No
    WAN port

    TheDragon, Jul 20, 2009
  4. TheDragon

    Guest

    TheDragon schreef:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> TheDragon schreef:
    >>> Is there a way to make my old Draytek 2800VG work as a plain VoIP ATA. I
    >>> have configures the SIP accounts to register via LAN but they dont
    >>> register. In fact the time wont set, anything that would normally go on
    >>> the WAN will work over the LAN.
    >>>
    >>> I have set the default gateway on the router to the address of my new
    >>> router, the new router does not have SIP, it has ports forwarded as they
    >>> should but nothing. If i use a standalone SIP phone, it can register
    >>> fine.
    >>>
    >>> Is there an issue with Draytek registering SIP via the LAN instead of the
    >>> regular WAN?????
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in anticipation.
    >>>
    >>> P.S the Draytek Forums came up with nothing.

    >> Connect WAN Draytek with switch to LAN of PC, and use other port of switch
    >> to connect actual router ?
    >> (and don't use router of Draytek.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bedankt, Thanks,
    >>
    >> The Fug.

    > The Draytek doesn't have a WAN port. It has an internal DSL modem. The 2820
    > has dual WAN, that would have worked, but I only have the 2800VG version. No
    > WAN port

    I guess if you switch it as bridge, you loose the ATA capability ?
    but if you don,t you could use an other router behind it.
    All in one devices are generaly always a problem,
    because they're not good in all functions,
    I now have good experiences with the Sitecom DC 227 modem,
    sold in most stores here in the Netherlands, connected, to a Siemens
    gigaset DECT IP phone, is a exellent combination, (with a switch to
    connect more devices,AP, or pc's)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.