Draytek - Vigor 2600

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Juan G. Castaneda, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Has anyone used a Vigor 2600 with an ATA for VoIP?

    Juan G. Castaneda, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Juan G. Castaneda

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On 23 Jan 2004 05:54:07 -0800, (Juan G.
    Castaneda) wrote:

    >Has anyone used a Vigor 2600 with an ATA for VoIP?

    I've been trying to get my FWD account working with a Vigor 2600We for
    several days now. I've opened the relevant ports under the NAT setting
    menu as FWD suggest, and even tried DMZ mode, but no luck so far. I've
    asked for help with this from FWD but nothing has been forthcoming so
    far.

    Chris Blunt, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Juan G. Castaneda

    VoIP Guy Guest

    Not sure about fwd, but I use the Vigor 2600 with a telappliant voiptalk
    account, and a grandstream handytone 286 and it works fine. Their service
    supports STUN as does the handytone, which is essential for nat-based
    communications.

    Tony

    VoIP Guy, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Juan G. Castaneda

    SniperSquad Guest

    Does Sipura SPA2000 support STUN??

    "VoIP Guy" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
    :4011b818$0$23457$...

    SniperSquad, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Tony:

    How did you setup set up the vigor 2600 to work with your Handy Tone?
    Or didn't you set it up at all?

    Juan G. Castaneda, Jan 24, 2004
  6. Juan G. Castaneda

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:11:37 -0000, "VoIP Guy" <>
    wrote:

    >Not sure about fwd, but I use the Vigor 2600 with a telappliant voiptalk
    >account, and a grandstream handytone 286 and it works fine. Their service
    >supports STUN as does the handytone, which is essential for nat-based
    >communications.

    Did you have to open any ports or make any other changes to the 2600
    for it to work?

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 24, 2004
  7. Juan G. Castaneda

    SniperSquad Guest

    Can i ask you guys what VOIP devices are u guys trying to get it working
    behind V2600?? is it all the Grandstream??or Sipua SPA2000 as well?? or
    Cisco ATA 186??
    "Juan G. Castaneda" <>
    ???????:...

    SniperSquad, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Juan G. Castaneda

    VoIP Guy Guest

    There were 2 ways that seemed to work:

    1) I used port forwarding, opened up 5060 UDP, and then 1025 - 65535
    udp/tcp. I then connected to the stun server that telappliant mentioned and
    it worked.

    2) more hassle-free is just enabling dmz on the vigor and then using stun.

    TelAppliant told me that if I set the sip registration low enough i wouldn't
    even need port forwarding on some routers, as the nat bindings on most
    routers typically time out after around 3 mins. Haven't tried this though.

    VoIP guy.

    VoIP Guy, Jan 25, 2004
  9. Juan G. Castaneda

    VoIP Guy Guest

    I use the grandstream from telappliant, as it supports stun.

    VoIP Guy, Jan 25, 2004
  10. Juan G. Castaneda

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:38:36 +1300, "SniperSquad"
    <> wrote:

    >Can i ask you guys what VOIP devices are u guys trying to get it working
    >behind V2600?? is it all the Grandstream??or Sipua SPA2000 as well?? or
    >Cisco ATA 186??
    >"Juan G. Castaneda" <>
    >???????:...
    >> Has anyone used a Vigor 2600 with an ATA for VoIP?

    Its a Cisco ATA-186 I'm trying to get working. It works fine through
    the V2600 with BT Broadband Voice, but I've had no luck getting it to
    work with FWD.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 25, 2004
  11. A Grandstream ATA 286, I do not know the SPA 2000

    Juan G. Castaneda, Jan 25, 2004
  12. Juan G. Castaneda

    VoIP Guy Guest

    Are you aware that bb voice uses mgcp, but fwd uses sip?

    VoIP Guy, Jan 25, 2004
  13. Juan G. Castaneda

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:00:51 -0000, "VoIP Guy" <>
    wrote:

    >Are you aware that bb voice uses mgcp, but fwd uses sip?

    Yes. I uploaded v2.16 SIP firmware to the ATA which I obtained from
    iConnectHere. I assume that should have worked with FWD. I've also
    tried with the 2600 in DMZ mode, so I don't think is a NAT problem.

    Chris Blunt, Jan 25, 2004
  14. Juan G. Castaneda

    SniperSquad Guest

    Hey guys, I just got my SIPURA SPA2000, and I tried setting it up with FWD,
    it would only give me a dialing tone when I enabled the Outbound proxy, and
    fill in the proxy add as the NAT proxy FWD provides...it would not give me a
    dialing tone when I tried DMZ, or open port 5060 on my Vigor2500...Anyone
    got ideas??I don't want to use the NAT proxy as the latecy might be too high
    for my use between Australia and New Zealand

    "Juan G. Castaneda" <>

    SniperSquad, Jan 30, 2004