    Thanks

    Rgds

    Stuart
    Mr Flipflops, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Mr Flipflops

    Guest

    Mr Flipflops <> wrote:
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I've convinced myself that a Draytek 2800VG will do nicely. However, I
    > really need PSTN pass through, as I do not want to have 2 separate phones
    > around the house. Is there a device that can plug between the phone, the
    > PSTN and the router, that will allow me to select which line to activate and
    > will ring on incoming from either? I know I could get a 2800G and a Sipura
    > but since the 2800 supports more than one SIP account, it seems the way to
    > go for cost minimising.

    Why not consider the Zyxel 2602HWL in that case, much the same
    security and other facilities and a POTS line passthrough (hence the
    L on the end of the model).

    --
    Chris Green
    , Jan 31, 2006

  3. Mr Flipflops

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    <> wrote in message news:droc6b$foo$...
    > Mr Flipflops <> wrote:
    >> Hey Guys
    >>
    >> I've convinced myself that a Draytek 2800VG will do nicely. However, I
    >> really need PSTN pass through, as I do not want to have 2 separate phones
    >> around the house. Is there a device that can plug between the phone, the
    >> PSTN and the router, that will allow me to select which line to activate
    >> and
    >> will ring on incoming from either? I know I could get a 2800G and a
    >> Sipura
    >> but since the 2800 supports more than one SIP account, it seems the way
    >> go for cost minimising.
    >>

    > Why not consider the Zyxel 2602HWL in that case, much the same
    > security and other facilities and a POTS line passthrough (hence the
    > L on the end of the model).

    VPN...plus, that model is lifeline only as far as I can see, so the power
    would have to be off before it would work.
    Mr Flipflops, Jan 31, 2006
  4. Mr Flipflops

    Guest

    Mr Flipflops <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message news:droc6b$foo$...
    > > Mr Flipflops <> wrote:
    > >> Hey Guys
    > >>
    > >> I've convinced myself that a Draytek 2800VG will do nicely. However, I
    > >> really need PSTN pass through, as I do not want to have 2 separate phones
    > >> around the house. Is there a device that can plug between the phone, the
    > >> PSTN and the router, that will allow me to select which line to activate
    > >> and
    > >> will ring on incoming from either? I know I could get a 2800G and a
    > >> Sipura
    > >> but since the 2800 supports more than one SIP account, it seems the way
    > >> go for cost minimising.
    > >>

    > > Why not consider the Zyxel 2602HWL in that case, much the same
    > > security and other facilities and a POTS line passthrough (hence the
    > > L on the end of the model).

    > VPN...plus, that model is lifeline only as far as I can see, so the power
    > would have to be off before it would work.

    2602 has 20 VPNs so that isn't an issue. I'm not sure about the use
    of the POTS line when it's powered up. Ask about
    it.

    --
    Chris Green
    , Jan 31, 2006
  5. Mr Flipflops

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    >> > Why not consider the Zyxel 2602HWL in that case, much the same
    >> > security and other facilities and a POTS line passthrough (hence the
    >> > L on the end of the model).

    >> VPN...plus, that model is lifeline only as far as I can see, so the power
    >> would have to be off before it would work.
    >>

    > 2602 has 20 VPNs so that isn't an issue. I'm not sure about the use
    > of the POTS line when it's powered up. Ask about
    > it.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Green

    MMmmmm.. Looks like I can dial a prefix to get PSTN... this could be it....
    Mr Flipflops, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Mr Flipflops

    Martin² Guest

    >MMmmmm.. Looks like I can dial a prefix to get PSTN... this could be it....

    Yep, you can choose say 9 to dial via PSTN.
    You can also get both VoIP lines to ring one phone, the Draytek can't do
    that, at least not yet, :-(
    Zyxel works with sipdiscount, Draytek doesn't :-(
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Feb 1, 2006
  7. Mr Flipflops

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Mr Flipflops wrote:
    > Hey Guys
    >
    > I've convinced myself that a Draytek 2800VG will do nicely. However, I
    > really need PSTN pass through, as I do not want to have 2 separate phones
    > around the house. Is there a device that can plug between the phone, the
    > PSTN and the router, that will allow me to select which line to activate and
    > will ring on incoming from either? I know I could get a 2800G and a Sipura
    > but since the 2800 supports more than one SIP account, it seems the way to
    > go for cost minimising.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Stuart

    An Intertex router would also do what you want. The GW models have both
    an FXS & an FXO port. You normally setup a prefix (like ##) to dial
    before a number you want to go to the PSTN line. Calls coming in on
    either VoIP or PSTN ring the same phone. I currently have an IX67
    working well with my NTL broadband/phoneline at home in this
    configuration. The IX66 is the one you want for an ADSL line.
    Paul Hayes, Feb 1, 2006
  8. Mr Flipflops

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > >MMmmmm.. Looks like I can dial a prefix to get PSTN... this could be
    > >it....

    > Yep, you can choose say 9 to dial via PSTN.
    > You can also get both VoIP lines to ring one phone, the Draytek can't do
    > that, at least not yet, :-(
    > Zyxel works with sipdiscount, Draytek doesn't :-(
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Just as well I ordered the Zyxel, cos I'm using sipdiscount at the moment on
    the Zoom. ;-).
    Mr Flipflops, Feb 1, 2006
  9. Mr Flipflops

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    > >MMmmmm.. Looks like I can dial a prefix to get PSTN... this could be
    > >it....

    > Yep, you can choose say 9 to dial via PSTN.
    > You can also get both VoIP lines to ring one phone, the Draytek can't do
    > that, at least not yet, :-(
    > Zyxel works with sipdiscount, Draytek doesn't :-(
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    Martin

    What are your settings for sipdiscount? I can't get it to work.
    Mr Flipflops, Feb 2, 2006
  10. Mr Flipflops

    Mr Flipflops Guest

    "Mr Flipflops" <> wrote in message
    > "Martin²" <> wrote in message
    >> >MMmmmm.. Looks like I can dial a prefix to get PSTN... this could be
    >> >it....

    >> Yep, you can choose say 9 to dial via PSTN.
    >> You can also get both VoIP lines to ring one phone, the Draytek can't do
    >> that, at least not yet, :-(
    >> Zyxel works with sipdiscount, Draytek doesn't :-(
    >> Regards,
    >> Martin

    > Martin
    >
    > What are your settings for sipdiscount? I can't get it to work.

    Scratch that. I got it to work, and *then*... after trying it out and
    someone had answered the phone at the other end the entire router rebooted
    itself. Tried again and it worked. So, stability has a ? over it already,
    although I've since upgraded to the latest firmware version.

    BTW, Caller ID does not seem to work for incoming PSTN calls... anybody else
    have this?
    Mr Flipflops, Feb 2, 2006