Draytek 2800 and Sipgate/voiptalk -- what are the settings?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by [L.], Sep 8, 2006.

  1. [L.]

    [L.] Guest

    I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
    voiptalk accounts

    However, whichever way I try, I can't seem to get either to register
    in the SIP account list.

    The Sipgate web page should have some help for the 2600, but I cannot
    see it
    Voiptalk have instructions for the 2600, which are slightly different
    and, even f I adapt them, they don't work

    Can someone take me by hand and point out what I have overlooked?

    The current (non working setup) is

    Stun server (empty)

    Sipgate

    Register via WAN
    SIP port 5060
    Domain/Realm sipgate.co.uk
    Proxy sipgate.co.uk
    Act as outbound proxy (enabled)
    Display name ABC
    Account number name, the name I registered with sipgate
    Authentication ID checked 1234567 (my own)
    Password, (the SIP password from my account on the sipgate page)
    NAT traversal support None

    Then in phone settings, I have DTMF mode set to SIP INFO (cisco)

    Dialplan is empty

    Thanks

    Lorenz

    [L.]
    [L.], Sep 8, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh [L.]:
    > I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
    > voiptalk accounts
    >
    > However, whichever way I try, I can't seem to get either to register
    > in the SIP account list.
    >
    > The Sipgate web page should have some help for the 2600, but I cannot
    > see it
    > Voiptalk have instructions for the 2600, which are slightly different
    > and, even f I adapt them, they don't work
    >
    > Can someone take me by hand and point out what I have overlooked?
    >
    > The current (non working setup) is
    >
    > Stun server (empty)
    >
    > Sipgate
    >
    > Register via WAN
    > SIP port 5060
    > Domain/Realm sipgate.co.uk
    > Proxy sipgate.co.uk
    > Act as outbound proxy (enabled)
    > Display name ABC
    > Account number name, the name I registered with sipgate
    > Authentication ID checked 1234567 (my own)

    Should not both Account number name & Authentication ID be your Sipgate
    SIP ID.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 8, 2006

  3. [L.]

    [L.] Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:33:40 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh [L.]:
    >> I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate account
    >>
    >> However, whichever way I try, I can't seem to get either to register
    >> in the SIP account list.
    >>
    >> The Sipgate web page should have some help for the 2600, but I cannot
    >> see it

    >> Can someone take me by hand and point out what I have overlooked?
    >>
    >> The current (non working setup) is
    >>
    >> Stun server (empty)
    >>
    >> Sipgate
    >>
    >> Register via WAN (or auto)
    >> SIP port 5060
    >> Domain/Realm sipgate.co.uk
    >> Proxy sipgate.co.uk
    >> Act as outbound proxy (enabled)
    >> Display name ABC
    >> Account number name, the name I registered with sipgate
    >> Authentication ID checked 1234567 (my own)

    >Should not both Account number name & Authentication ID be your Sipgate
    >SIP ID.

    Tried. No joy!

    It must be something specific with Sipgate, because voiptalk has
    started working, with the same settings.

    Lorenz

    [L.]
    [L.], Sep 8, 2006
  4. [L.]

    John Geddes Guest

    [L.] wrote:
    > I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
    > voiptalk accounts

    For what it's worth, here are settings that work on my 2900VG with
    Sipgate (albeit with less-than-brilliant sound quality)

    SIP Port 5060
    Domain sipgate.co.uk
    Outbound Proxy [blank]
    Register-Via: Auto
    Display Name: WhateverYouLike
    AccountName [Sipgate-ID from their page my_account.php]
    Authentication ID Same as AccountName
    Password [SIP-Password from same page - NOT the same as the
    password you use to log in to your account on their website]
    Expiry Time 1 Hour

    Apart from Account Name, Authentication ID and Password, all details the
    same for Port1 and Port2

    Default Codec G.711A (64kbps)
    Packet Size 20ms
    Voice Active Detector Off

    DTMF mode SIP Info
    Dynamic RTP port start 5004
    Dynamic RTP port end 5006
    RTP TOS IP precedence 5

    Dialtone Power Level 27
    Ring Freq 25

    NB - only one shortcoming: I also have a Sipura 2100 connected to the
    LAN on the 2900, and whilst both Sipgate circuits on that unit can dial
    in, out, and to each other, and both Sipgate circuits on the 2900's VOIP
    ports can dial in, out, and to each other, calls from Drayek VOIP to
    Sipura VOIP suffer one-way audio. Never got to the bottom of it. Does
    anyone have suggestions?

    John Geddes
    Derbyshire
    John Geddes, Sep 11, 2006
  5. [L.]

    [L.] Guest

    Top posting as I only want to say that John's settings below work
    fine!

    Lorenzo

    On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:22:39 +0000, John Geddes
    <> wrote:

    >[L.] wrote:
    >> I'm trying to set up my new Draytek 2800 VG with my Sipgate and
    >> voiptalk accounts

    >For what it's worth, here are settings that work on my 2900VG with
    >Sipgate (albeit with less-than-brilliant sound quality)
    >
    >SIP Port 5060
    >Domain sipgate.co.uk
    >Outbound Proxy [blank]
    >Register-Via: Auto
    >Display Name: WhateverYouLike
    >AccountName [Sipgate-ID from their page my_account.php]
    >Authentication ID Same as AccountName
    >Password [SIP-Password from same page - NOT the same as the
    >password you use to log in to your account on their website]
    >Expiry Time 1 Hour
    >
    >Apart from Account Name, Authentication ID and Password, all details the
    >same for Port1 and Port2
    >

    >Default Codec G.711A (64kbps)
    >Packet Size 20ms
    >Voice Active Detector Off