    ie Drawing - photo editing - album mgt
    Would appreciate NG members experience of this S/W
    thanks Ramon

    Ramon A, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Corel's software is very good. Personally, I prefer Photopaint to Photoshop
    5.0 LE. It has the features and stability, and I find it easier to use to
    Photoshop. If you want to use the package for editing photos, make certain
    the Essentials package includes either Photopaint or another bitmap editor.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Ramon A

    JunkMonkey Guest

    It is my understanding that CorelDraw essentials v2 does NOT include
    PhotoPaint! PP has been replaced in Corel Draw Essentials by some
    lame-assed kiddie editor that barely functions. An incredibly stupid move
    on Corel's part. Few consumer level - er - consumers - care about CorelDraw
    that's for Commercial Artists, but LOTS of people bought Essentials 1 for
    PhotoPaint9

    If you have your heart set on a great professional level photo editor, I
    suggest you purchase Corel Graphics Suite V9. You can buy it for about $50
    US from a variety of places. That's what I did. I got CorelDraw 9,
    PhotoPaint 9, Corel Capture 9, Corel Trace 9, Corel Texture, Corel Texture
    batcher (not sure what texture does, I never used it!), the Corel scripting
    language,, Canto Cumulus LE (an organizer, I like ACDSee better), Bitstream
    Font Navigator along with several hundred professional fonts. At this point,
    I am limited only by my own knowledge and talents! Not bad for < $50

    I bought my copy from www.softwareoutlet.com

    JunkMonkey, Jan 9, 2004