    program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
    starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

    , Aug 28, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
    > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
    > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

    Not free, but cheap. CorelDRAW allows all sorts of options in drawing
    shapes. The CTRL key and the ALT key do all sorts of magical things.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 28, 2007

  3. meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
    > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
    > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

    I will suggest that, if you want Free software, you try in
    `alt.comp.freeware`.
    The range of totally freeware stuff is massive.

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Aug 28, 11:45 pm, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
    > > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
    > > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

    > Not free, but cheap. CorelDRAW allows all sorts of options in drawing
    > shapes. The CTRL key and the ALT key do all sorts of magical things.

    Thanks. I think I still have a very old version of CorelDRAW
    somewhere. I don't know if it has this particular feature. I'll
    dig it up when I have time and see.

    Most Amiga painting progs - PPaint, DPaint, Brilliance, etc -
    had this feature, and it's one of the things I miss badly when
    I want to do a quick bitmap drawing with MS Paint.

    , Aug 28, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Aug 28, 11:46 pm, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
    > > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
    > > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

    > I will suggest that, if you want Free software, you try in
    > `alt.comp.freeware`.
    > The range of totally freeware stuff is massive.
    >
    > bw..

    Thanks. I've often heard that NG mentioned, but never actually
    hung out there. I'll go ask.

    , Aug 28, 2007