    a multi-hour ordeal at best, at worst a multi-week ordeal.

    Is there a secret way to get someone who knows what they are talking
    about?

    Michael T. Anderson, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Hi Michael,

    Cisco TAC Contacts Worldwide:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tac-contacts-worldwide.htm

    Cisco Sales Offices Worldwide:

    http://www.cisco.com/ciscodotcom/toolkit/offices/office_locations.html

    Cisco Product Advisors:

    Please call 1-800-745-7381 in the USA or Canada between 8:00 A.M. and
    8:00 P.M. EST.

    http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/index.jsp

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Michael T. Anderson

    Nick Ersdown Guest

    Haven't noticed it myself, what happens if you use ctrl-z instead?

    Regards,

    Martin

    Nick Ersdown, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Sorry, I should have mentioned that this happens on the console only.

    Anyways, I found the bug, it is CSCsb51776, unfixed. Here are details:

    Symptom:

    On a PIX 7 with a large configuration, with console
    access:

    - "show run" is quite fast, paging through config also
    - stopping with "q" takes a second or so

    - "show startup" noticeable slower
    - stopping with "q" freezes for some 10 seconds

    Conditions:

    PIX version 7, large configuration.

    Workaround:

    None sofar.

    Further Problem Description:

    This is not the case with PIX release 6.

    I would not call this a bug but it is annoying.

    Michael T. Anderson, Sep 29, 2005