    Queensland, Australia
    Taking a stab and saying Modfather knows a bit about them, would you be the person to ask about NHRA rules compared to ANDRA rules at the drag strip? I know that NHRA allows 100% Nitromethane fuel in the Top Fuel class, and ANDRA only allows 90%. I know that because of this, the American dragsters produce slightly more power, and constantly run a few MPH faster than the Aussie ones. But do you know anything about the actual build differences and regulations compared to over here? Eg. artificial tank pressurisation? ANDRA does not allow artifically pressurised fuel tanks, so Top Fuels have to have a small scoop to stop a vacuum in the tank. Is it the same on American dragsters? I saw on an episode of Speedweek last week they had an America Vs. Australia Top Fuel Tournament, and on the American rails I do not remember seeing a scoop. Also, I don't suppose there would be any differences in the rules for the NHRA Jet Dragsters against the ANDRA Jets? I dunno if you'll know any of the rules or anything, just hoping that since you WERE into drag racing at some stage in your life, you might have kept following it and know the rules.

    The reason I'm asking is because there's an America Vs. Australia Jet Drag meeting a fortnight from today, and I don't know how they would set the rules, ANDRA or NHRA? I might be going, since I've never seen a Jet Dragster before, and just wanted to know what I'm seeing :p

    XhArD, Feb 25, 2006

  2. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Actually I wouldn't be the guy to ask, my dad was the mechanic, I just drove the car and did the paintjob on it. I don't know anything at all about AnDRA I'm afraid. My guess would be that, as with most races, you adapt to "home town rules", but then, if the car is tuned a specific way and is meant to run on a specific fuel mixture, it might not work out that way. Hard to say really. Sorry I couldn't be more help than that.

    The Modfather, Feb 26, 2006

  3. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No problem, I'll just go n see some 10 foot flames pouring out the back, and try n figure it out later :p

    XhArD, Feb 26, 2006
  4. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    You could measure the flames, just get in close with a tape measure and see which one is longer. :)

    The Modfather, Feb 26, 2006
  5. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, I'll do that :p They don't have jet drags very often over here, they don't seem to like coating the track surface in propellant :p

    XhArD, Feb 26, 2006
  6. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ok but be sure to wear a nice asbestos suit though. :)

    The Modfather, Feb 27, 2006
  7. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    XhArD, Mar 12, 2006
  8. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Wow, I bet that was loud as hell in person. Very cool. But it said Sept. 14,15,16 on that retaining wall, how come? Did you video this or is it a video from someone else?

    The Modfather, Mar 12, 2006
  9. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    It's my video, that's a sign for the Australian Nationals, not for the March Nationals. Winternationals and Australian Nationals are the biggest events at Willowbank Raceway each year, three day events. They always have the January, February and March Nationals too, but they are only one day events, so they get one cool class to come to each one. January it was American Vs Australian Top Fuels, February event was Top Fuel Funny Cars, and March was jets. Unfortunately there were no Nitros, no Top Alcohols, and no Top Doorslammers, so it was basically the "Ordinary" cars (Which by my dad's definition means anything that can't run 8 seconds flat :p), Pro Stocks, and the Jets. That video you see there is of the Australian jets they had, which are much slower than the American ones. Because like everything Australian, it's huge and heavy. 1000 pounds heavier than the American ones actually. Aussie jets run 7 seconds, American jets run 5 seconds. I have seen a video of an American jet in Sydney, New South Wales run a 4.98, fastest I've seen. We saw 5 or 6 Jet races, oen was a solo because the other jet had an electircal fault on the line as they were starting it. The organiser of the event was pretty pissed off, didn't want to pay them for turning up. the Jet owner said he'd run an extra run with both of his cars, so we saw an extra one :) You can see the grey one in the far lane in that video, that's the Boomer, biggest flame trail out of all of them. You can see the track light up once or twice.

    EDIT: Uploaded another video, the Boomer looks a tad iffy for a bit, does a HUGE dump n burn, stages, then the afterburner doesn't light when they actually race :S It lit when it was about 40 metres away from the finish line, lol

    http://www.zippyvideos.com/6450432004244366/new_imgp0698/

    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
    XhArD, Mar 12, 2006
  10. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah, that's freakin' cool! Hey if you dig that and you ever get over here, try to come when there's a Shuttle launch and visit to see that, if ya wanna see a BIG blast, damn it's painful to be anywhere within 4 miles of it, your ears feel like they're being crushed from the inside out.

    The Modfather, Mar 13, 2006
  11. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
    XhArD, Mar 13, 2006
  12. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    For some reason, that one just crashed Firefox on me. :/

    The Modfather, Mar 14, 2006
  13. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no but its 13seconds of pure Loading :( then u have to replay it :)

    unholy, Mar 14, 2006
  14. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Just crashed on me, I dunno what to say, ah well.

    The Modfather, Mar 15, 2006
  15. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Hit the i damend a better FireFox Win32 App.

    unholy, Mar 15, 2006
  16. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    It's ever since I upgraded to this version of it, it's had bugs. I should downgrade, the old version just worked better.

    The Modfather, Mar 16, 2006
  17. XhArD

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i use 1.0.7 i have used it since i first got FF, its simple and i have the plugins :)

    unholy, Mar 16, 2006
  18. XhArD

    Frankie

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Messages:
    19
    Need I say more?

    [​IMG]

    Frankie, Mar 17, 2006
  19. XhArD

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No, not really. We can see the Honda badge quite clearly, you don't have to explain what a ricer is :p

    XhArD, Mar 17, 2006
  20. XhArD

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Well you could say how the car was put on an oil patch and all that smoke is the result of the tires spinning at about 30 rpm, which would make sense since it's a POS ricer.

    But other than that, nope, don't need to say anything. :)

    I'm using 1.5.0.1 (Firefox that is)

    The Modfather, Mar 17, 2006