DRAGONFLIES LOVE THE 20D !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jun 22, 2006.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Annika1980

    Lobby Dosser Guest

    Lobby Dosser, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    Bob Williams Guest

    Bob Williams, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Bob Williams wrote:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/62266801
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/62266802
    > > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/62266803
    > >

    > Very Impressive!!
    > How close can you focus with that 400mm lens?
    > Did you use an auxilary close up lens or were the pictures small crops
    > from much larger images?

    I used extension tubes for these shots. That allows me to get much
    closer than the usual minimum working distance of the 400mm which is
    something like 12 feet.
    Almost all of my pics are downsized crops. Usually, I'll downsize them
    to 25% or less to fit on the computer screen. I try to keep the
    dimensions 800x600 or less for web viewing. Pic 02 above was only
    downsized to 50% and had more cropping applied (to remove some visually
    distracting grass to the right.

    Annika1980, Jun 22, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    Brandy Guest