    it had a release date of Oct 28th 2003, I look today and it says that
    a release date is yet to be determained. Why did they pull it a week
    before it was due out?

    Josh, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Josh

    jayembee Guest

    (Josh) wrote:

    >I had this preordered on Amazon (I really liked the first season) and
    >it had a release date of Oct 28th 2003, I look today and it says that
    >a release date is yet to be determained. Why did they pull it a week
    >before it was due out?

    They didn't pull it a week before it was due out. They actually pulled
    it a couple of weeks ago. No one knows why, but given that it happened
    shortly after the NBC/Universal merger, it might be that they're
    rethinking their TV on DVD release strategy for recent series.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Josh

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Oct 21, 2003
  4. jayembee wrote:

    > (Josh) wrote:
    >

    >>I had this preordered on Amazon (I really liked the first season) and
    >>it had a release date of Oct 28th 2003, I look today and it says that
    >>a release date is yet to be determained. Why did they pull it a week
    >>before it was due out?

    > They didn't pull it a week before it was due out. They actually pulled
    > it a couple of weeks ago. No one knows why, but given that it happened
    > shortly after the NBC/Universal merger, it might be that they're
    > rethinking their TV on DVD release strategy for recent series.

    I somehow doubt that the merger (which won't be complete for some
    months) has anything to do with it.

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 23, 2003