    why this is.

    Thanks for any help

    P.S. I'm running pro on both

    Bulld0g, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Bulld0g

    DC Guest

    Bulld0g wrote:
    > Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
    > taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any idea
    > why this is.

    > Thanks for any help

    > P.S. I'm running pro on both

    Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?

    Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
    Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
    to your liking.

    It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
    reappear after a reboot/logout.

    HTH

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Bulld0g

    bulld0g Guest

    "DC" <> wrote in message
    > Bulld0g wrote:
    > > Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
    > > taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any

    idea
    > > why this is.

    > > Thanks for any help

    > > P.S. I'm running pro on both

    > Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?
    >
    > Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
    > Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
    > to your liking.
    >
    > It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
    > reappear after a reboot/logout.

    Great stuff DC, thanks :?)

    bulld0g, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Bulld0g

    DC Guest

    bulld0g wrote:

    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> Bulld0g wrote:
    >> > Hiya. I'm running windows xp on a laptop.I can't drag any icons onto the
    >> > taskbar.I'm running xp on my main pc and i can do this ok on there.Any

    > idea
    >> > why this is.

    >> > Thanks for any help

    >> > P.S. I'm running pro on both

    >> Is your Quick Launch bar set to be displayed?

    >> Right-click on the taskbar > toolbars and place a checkmark next to
    >> Quick Launch. You might need to 'unlock the toolbars' to size it
    >> to your liking.

    >> It should accept icons, now. Lock it again, when done, or it may not
    >> reappear after a reboot/logout.

    > Great stuff DC, thanks :?)

    You're welcome.

    DC, Jul 8, 2004