    Sometimes (often) when typing text, a second capital letter follows the
    first in a new sentence. Where is the sticky wicket and how do I
    correct it?
    Maybe, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Maybe wrote:

    > Sometimes (often) when typing text, a second capital letter follows
    > the first in a new sentence. Where is the sticky wicket and how do I
    > correct it?

    One of your Shift keys has not released, either because it is sticky or
    you still have your finger on it. Try another keyboard, or watch your
    fingers.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Maybe

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-23, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    > Maybe wrote:
    >
    >> Sometimes (often) when typing text, a second capital letter follows
    >> the first in a new sentence. Where is the sticky wicket and how do I
    >> correct it?

    > One of your Shift keys has not released, either because it is sticky or
    > you still have your finger on it. Try another keyboard, or watch your
    > fingers.

    Some operating systems or interfaces offer a degree of user-adjustment of
    keyboard repeat speed and delay; in XFce4 it's under 'keyboard' in the
    'settings' menu.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Maybe

    Maybe Guest

    Whiskers wrote:

    >On 2006-03-23, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    >

    >>Maybe wrote:
    >>

    >>>Sometimes (often) when typing text, a second capital letter follows
    >>>the first in a new sentence. Where is the sticky wicket and how do I
    >>>correct it?
    >>>

    >>One of your Shift keys has not released, either because it is sticky or
    >>you still have your finger on it. Try another keyboard, or watch your
    >>fingers.
    >>

    >Some operating systems or interfaces offer a degree of user-adjustment of
    >keyboard repeat speed and delay; in XFce4 it's under 'keyboard' in the
    >'settings' menu.

    Thanks, you all. I'm watching my fingers and I've modified the keyboard
    repeat rate and delay period. I just changed them, since I don't know
    which direction will cure the sticky shift key.
    Maybe, Mar 24, 2006