    Canon beats Epson and HP. Then, two big Canon ad banners appear on
    the site. What a coincidence! Maybe Dpreview isn't the cash-cow
    Amazon thought it would be?
    RichA, Jul 23, 2011

  2. RichA

    John A. Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:00:19 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >They review 3 printers (lack of new cameras takes its toll) and a
    >Canon beats Epson and HP. Then, two big Canon ad banners appear on
    >the site. What a coincidence! Maybe Dpreview isn't the cash-cow
    >Amazon thought it would be?

    I saw an ancestry.com ad on the front page. I'm guessing the Mormons
    are behind it all.
    John A., Jul 23, 2011

  3. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    I see you're still obsessed mate :O)
    Paul Heslop, Jul 24, 2011
  4. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    On 23/07/2011 03:40, John A. wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:00:19 -0700 (PDT), RichA<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> They review 3 printers (lack of new cameras takes its toll) and a
    >> Canon beats Epson and HP. Then, two big Canon ad banners appear on
    >> the site. What a coincidence! Maybe Dpreview isn't the cash-cow
    >> Amazon thought it would be?

    > I saw an ancestry.com ad on the front page. I'm guessing the Mormons
    > are behind it all.

    it was the immigants. even when it was the bears I knew it was the immigants
    Paul Heslop, Jul 24, 2011
  5. In rec.photo.digital RichA <> wrote:
    > They review 3 printers (lack of new cameras takes its toll) and a
    > Canon beats Epson and HP. Then, two big Canon ad banners appear on
    > the site. What a coincidence! Maybe Dpreview isn't the cash-cow
    > Amazon thought it would be?

    The most expensive printer turned out to be the best. Surely that's
    not too surprising, even if it was made by Canon?

    --
    Chris Malcolm
    Chris Malcolm, Jul 28, 2011
  6. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    Paul Heslop wrote:

    > I see you're still obsessed mate :O)

    Long time, no post, Paul!

    Also, I see that you've finally abandoned Netscape "Communicator" 4.8,
    in favor of "Thunderbird" 3.1.11. I'm still loyal to the former (for
    e-mail and Usenet), personally.

    Yet, recently, I've been trying "SeaMonkey" (version 2.0.11), as a
    Web browser. Like Google "Chrome" (mine is 12.0.742.122), it's rather
    faster than Microsoft "Interner Explorer" (ver 8).

    Each of these three browsers has its own idiosyncracies, including
    strengths and weaknesses. It would be great, if somebody decided to
    learn from this, in order to create the perfect program.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 29, 2011
  7. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/28/2011 11:32 PM, John Turco wrote:
    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    >>
    >> I see you're still obsessed mate :O)

    > Long time, no post, Paul!
    >
    > Also, I see that you've finally abandoned Netscape "Communicator" 4.8,
    > in favor of "Thunderbird" 3.1.11. I'm still loyal to the former (for
    > e-mail and Usenet), personally.
    >
    > Yet, recently, I've been trying "SeaMonkey" (version 2.0.11), as a
    > Web browser. Like Google "Chrome" (mine is 12.0.742.122), it's rather
    > faster than Microsoft "Interner Explorer" (ver 8).
    >
    > Each of these three browsers has its own idiosyncracies, including
    > strengths and weaknesses. It would be great, if somebody decided to
    > learn from this, in order to create the perfect program.

    Any developer who did that, would soon be out of a job. ;-)

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 29, 2011