Dpreview now like the American space program

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jun 21, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Jun 21, 2012

  2. "Savageduck" wrote in message
    news:2012062119013627544-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
    You

    really need to keep up with recent news.

    Regards,

    Savageduck
    ======================================

    Not to mention [Rich] stopping gratuitous cross-posting!

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 22, 2012

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Bowser <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:49:12 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>The American space program, gutted by the discontinuance of the
    >>Shuttle and continued waste of money on the $150B orbiting white
    >>elephant, the ISS, now goes begging, hat in hand to the Chinese or
    >>Russians to do real launches. Dpreview now has to get its lens
    >>reviews (and who knows what else?) from other review sites.
    >>
    >>http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/0...ancake-first-impressions-lensrentals#comments
    >>

    >Not only that, but they've now outsourced their camera reviews to Jeff
    >Keller of DC Resource. The in-depth reviews of old are gone, save for
    >a few exceptions (5D III, D800). Hopefully they'll address this issue
    >but for now it's just a news (and usually old news) and forum site.
    >And when was the last lens review on that site aside from the Canon
    >pancake?

    From DPReview, June 21 2012:

    "Wanted: Mobile photography fanatics with sharp writing skills

    "Dpreview.com is seeking keen writers immersed in the mobile
    technology and photography world. As an external contributor to the
    world's leading digital photography website, you'll produce
    top-quality, well-researched, and innovative articles about smart
    phones, tablets, photography apps and photo sharing communities."

    From DPReview, May 25 2012:

    "Wanted: Experienced writers to contribute to dpreview.com

    "Are you an experienced writer with a passion for photography? Do you
    want to use your skills to contribute to the world's #1 photography
    website? If so, we want to hear from you. To expand on the reviews,
    previews and news stories that are the core of the site, we're looking
    for external contributors with a proven track record of producing
    top-quality content to deliver a diverse range of other articles.
    These include photographic technique tutorials, equipment buyers'
    guides, book reviews, and everything in between."

    Bruce, Jun 22, 2012
  4. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:33:56 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2012-06-22 10:50:08 -0700, Bruce <> said:
    >
    >> Bowser <> wrote:

    >Not
    >>>>
    >>> only that, but they've now outsourced their camera reviews to Jeff
    >>> Keller of DC Resource. The in-depth reviews of old are gone, save for
    >>> a few exceptions (5D III, D800). Hopefully they'll address this issue
    >>> but for now it's just a news (and usually old news) and forum site.
    >>> And when was the last lens review on that site aside from the Canon
    >>> pancake?

    >> From DPReview, June 21 2012:
    >>
    >> "Wanted: Mobile photography fanatics with sharp writing skills
    >>
    >> "Dpreview.com is seeking keen writers immersed in the mobile
    >> technology and photography world. As an external contributor to the
    >> world's leading digital photography website, you'll produce
    >> top-quality, well-researched, and innovative articles about smart
    >> phones, tablets, photography apps and photo sharing communities."
    >>

    >> From DPReview, May 25 2012:
    >>
    >> "Wanted: Experienced writers to contribute to dpreview.com
    >>
    >> "Are you an experienced writer with a passion for photography? Do you
    >> want to use your skills to contribute to the world's #1 photography
    >> website? If so, we want to hear from you. To expand on the reviews,
    >> previews and news stories that are the core of the site, we're looking
    >> for external contributors with a proven track record of producing
    >> top-quality content to deliver a diverse range of other articles.
    >> These include photographic technique tutorials, equipment buyers'
    >> guides, book reviews, and everything in between."

    >Well there you go, an opening for Rich.
    >Even possibilities to you to bring your vast encyclopedic knowledge of
    >photographic equipment to a wider audience than these NGs.

    Nah...RichA is more of a cut/n/paste links guy. The job should go to
    Robert Montgomery. Robert's an acclaimed photographer who can get the
    most out of least equipment-wise. Who wouldn't want to read Robert's
    views on camera gear?
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 22, 2012
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 22, 4:08 pm, tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:33:56 -0700, Savageduck
    >

    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > >Not

    > >> From DPReview, June 21 2012:

    > >> "Wanted: Mobile photography fanatics with sharp writing skills

    > >> "Dpreview.com is seeking keen writers immersed in the mobile
    > >> technology and photography world. As an external contributor to the
    > >> world's leading digital photography website, you'll produce
    > >> top-quality, well-researched, and innovative articles about smart
    > >> phones, tablets, photography apps and photo sharing communities."

    > >> From DPReview, May 25 2012:

    > >> "Wanted: Experienced writers to contribute to dpreview.com

    > >> "Are you an experienced writer with a passion for photography? Do you
    > >> want to use your skills to contribute to the world's #1 photography
    > >> website? If so, we want to hear from you. To expand on the reviews,
    > >> previews and news stories that are the core of the site, we're looking
    > >> for external contributors with a proven track record of producing
    > >> top-quality content to deliver a diverse range of other articles.
    > >> These include photographic technique tutorials, equipment buyers'
    > >> guides, book reviews, and everything in between."

    > >Well there you go, an opening for Rich.
    > >Even possibilities to you to bring your vast encyclopedic knowledge of
    > >photographic equipment to a wider audience than these NGs.

    > Nah...RichA is more of a cut/n/paste links guy.  The job should go to
    > Robert Montgomery.  Robert's an acclaimed photographer who can get the
    > most out of least equipment-wise.

    What good is that for them? They want to SELL equipment!!

    RichA, Jun 23, 2012