DPFWIW website, can't get there from here

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pat O'Connell, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. Haven't been able to get to www.dpfwiw.com since yesterday. Since dpfwiw
    is associated with this newsgroup, is there someone who lurks/posts here
    that manages the site? Of course the site might be OK, but DNS may be
    hammered so I can't get there from here. Tracert has been tried:

    1 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 10 ms 11 ms 9 ms 73.107.176.1
    3 9 ms 10 ms 10 ms s01b1.broadway.nm.albuq.comcast.net
    [68.86.206.193]
    4 10 ms 9 ms 14 ms 68.86.206.185
    5 11 ms 10 ms 12 ms s01f1.tijeras.nm.albuq.comcast.net
    [68.86.206.182]
    6 12 ms 13 ms 12 ms s01i1.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net
    [68.86.207.90]
    7 19 ms 10 ms 13 ms 68.35.172.66
    8 20 ms 21 ms 39 ms 12.116.151.13
    9 43 ms 39 ms 40 ms tbr1012801.phmaz.ip.att.net [12.123.206.26]
    10 40 ms 40 ms 39 ms tbr1-cl3214.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.10.86]
    11 139 ms 42 ms 40 ms tbr1-cl3.sffca.ip.att.net [12.122.10.25]
    12 37 ms 37 ms 36 ms 12.122.85.133
    13 51 ms 37 ms 47 ms 12.122.79.102
    14 39 ms 40 ms 41 ms dist1-10g1-2.snfcca.sbcglobal.net
    [216.102.176.225]
    15 42 ms 40 ms 40 ms rback35-g1-0.snfcca.sbcglobal.net
    [206.171.134.168]
    16 46 ms 45 ms 50 ms
    adsl-63-193-255-118.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net [63.193.255.118]
    17 * adsl-63-193-255-118.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
    [63.193.255.118] reports: Destination host unreachable.

    Annoying to say the least.
    --
    Pat O'Connell
    [note munged EMail address]
    Pat O'Connell, Nov 11, 2006

  2. Pat O'Connell

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Pat O'Connell wrote:

    > Haven't been able to get to www.dpfwiw.com since yesterday.

    Is that its real name? If so I can't reach it either from north east
    of England
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
    Paul Heslop, Nov 11, 2006

  3. Pat O'Connell

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Pat O'Connell wrote:
    > Haven't been able to get to www.dpfwiw.com since yesterday. Since dpfwiw
    > is associated with this newsgroup, is there someone who lurks/posts here
    > that manages the site? Of course the site might be OK, but DNS may be
    > hammered so I can't get there from here. Tracert has been tried:

    It hadn't been updated for 2 years. A month ago, I emailed the owner at
    various addresses, but no response.

    This isn't the Patrick O'Connell from Montana, is it?

    --
    Ground yourself, THEN hug your motherboard!

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl
    Mueen Nawaz, Nov 11, 2006
  4. Mueen Nawaz wrote:
    > Pat O'Connell wrote:
    >> Haven't been able to get to www.dpfwiw.com since yesterday. Since dpfwiw
    >> is associated with this newsgroup, is there someone who lurks/posts here
    >> that manages the site? Of course the site might be OK, but DNS may be
    >> hammered so I can't get there from here. Tracert has been tried:

    > It hadn't been updated for 2 years. A month ago, I emailed the owner at
    > various addresses, but no response.
    >
    > This isn't the Patrick O'Connell from Montana, is it?

    Nope--Albuquerque.

    Still can't connect, and that's disappointing since what I've seen of
    the website is very good.

    Pat O'Connell, Nov 12, 2006
  5. Paul Heslop wrote:
    > Pat O'Connell wrote:
    >>
    >> Haven't been able to get to www.dpfwiw.com since yesterday.

    > Is that its real name? If so I can't reach it either from north east
    > of England

    It's real. Got right into it a few days ago. It's an excellent website,
    with a lot of information apparently gleaned from this newsgroup. The
    last routing point is on pacbell.net, as is the unreachable address.

    Pat O'Connell, Nov 12, 2006
  6. Pat O'Connell

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Pat O'Connell wrote:
    > Nope--Albuquerque.
    >
    > Still can't connect, and that's disappointing since what I've seen of
    > the website is very good.

    Yes, it was *quite* good, especially if you owned a Camedia like I did.
    It was the first site from I which I learned much, years ago.

    --
    Ground yourself, THEN hug your motherboard!

    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl
    Mueen Nawaz, Nov 12, 2006