Downloads

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wrathful Karma, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. When I download a picture from a newsgroup for viewing where does it go on my computer if I do not subscribe to the newsgroup? Does it go anywhere on the computer?

    Wrathful Karma, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Wrathful Karma

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:23:36 -0400, "Wrathful Karma"
    <> wrote:

    >When I download a picture from a newsgroup for viewing where does it go on my computer if I do not subscribe to the newsgroup? Does it go anywhere on the computer?

    First thing, set your properties to post in plain text.
    When you download a picture from a newsgroup, I assume you mean open a
    picture after downloading the headers.
    If you save a picture you should have an option somewhere in your
    program to choose where to save it.
    If you do not save it then it goes by by when you delete the headers.
    Subscribing to a news group has nothing to do with saving a picture.
    joevan

    joevan, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Wrathful Karma

    Rustiferion Guest

    If you can receive the picture, then you are subscribed, at least temporarily.

    If you don't manually save it by right-clicking, then it is saved in (one of) your Temporary Internet Files folders, where it will stay until you do a TIF purge.

    Please set your News Options to "Send in Plain Text", not HTML...

    Rustiferion, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Rustiferion wrote:

    What's with the HTMLfest? This is usenet, not a website.

    http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark