    disappears before running. even doing a search after the down load the file
    is not found????????????

    TIA for any help

    meggie, Jul 30, 2006

  2. meggie

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-30, meggie <> wrote:
    > hi
    > using windows xp, all downloads vanish after downloading. even after
    > downloading to any location. even if choose run instead of save, the file
    > disappears before running. even doing a search after the down load the file
    > is not found????????????
    >
    > TIA for any help

    Well, I guess I'll assume you are downloading using the IE web broswer.
    Have you tried right-clicking on the link and then "Save Target as"
    which will let you choose where to put it?

    You might wish to try Firefox with the Flashgot extension. It makes
    downloading a breeze.

    --
    A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier to program
    in than some that do. -- Dennis M. Ritchie
    Jimchip, Jul 30, 2006

  3. meggie

    meggie Guest

    doesn't matter where i save target to, it erases after download.

    meggie, Jul 30, 2006
  4. meggie

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-30, meggie <> wrote:
    > doesn't matter where i save target to, it erases after download.

    Well, it sounds like you are trying to save some streaming media and you
    can't. If that's not the case then try Firefox, etc.
    Jimchip, Jul 30, 2006
  5. meggie

    meggie Guest

    no