    completed before starting another. Anyone know how to configure the
    DOWNLOAD FILES function so that I am not limited to only two
    simultaneous D/L's?

    Just Me, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Just Me

    °Mike° Guest

    Increasing the number of downloads is a violation of
    the internet standards, so use the following at your
    own risk.

    Copy/paste the following into Notepad and save as
    a .reg file. Double click to merge into the registry.
    Note that everything between [ and ] MUST be one
    line only, and there must be a blank line at the end.

    ***** <-- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings]
    "MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000028
    "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000028

    ***** <-- omit this line

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:41:29 -0500, in
    <>
    Just Me scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Just Me

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:41:29 -0500, Just Me wrote:

    >When I used Windows 95 & 98, whenever I downloaded files from the
    >internet, the DOWNLOAD FILES function with Ineternet Explorer used to
    >allow me to D/L an infinite number of files at once. I'd start one

    'infinite'?

    >D/L and before it was done, I could start another, then another. Now,
    >with WINDOWS XP, I am allowed to have two D/L's going at once. But
    >after that, I have to wait till one of the first two D/L's have

    A change in a MSIE, it's been a few years since it changed as well.
    As Mike mentioned with the reg edit, here is the info for reference.

    Full text is here,
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];282402

    Part text,
    How to Configure Internet Explorer to Have More Than Two Download
    Sessions
    PSS ID Number: 282402

    To comply with current Internet standards (Request for Comments 2068),
    Internet Explorer limits the number of simultaneous downloads to two
    downloads, plus one queued download. This configuration is a function of
    the browser. However, as connection speeds increase, and the number of
    total connections that are allowed to Internet servers increase, the
    two-connection limit may be restrictive. To increase the number of
    simultaneous connections that are allowed to 10, follow these steps:

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 12, 2003
  4. On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:41:29 -0500, Just Me <> wrote:

    >When I used Windows 95 & 98, whenever I downloaded files from the
    >internet, the DOWNLOAD FILES function with Ineternet Explorer used to
    >allow me to D/L an infinite number of files at once. I'd start one
    >D/L and before it was done, I could start another, then another. Now,
    >with WINDOWS XP, I am allowed to have two D/L's going at once. But
    >after that, I have to wait till one of the first two D/L's have
    >completed before starting another. Anyone know how to configure the
    >DOWNLOAD FILES function so that I am not limited to only two
    >simultaneous D/L's?

    Use a download manager such as "Fresh Download" free from:-

    http://www.freshdevices.com/

    and set the number of simultaneous downloads in "Options"

    It will also let you resume interrupted downloads.

    You need to give them your name and email address to get a free
    registration code. If that bothers you, get a free throw away address
    at hotmail or yahoo or the like and use that. I have did not have any
    spam to my throw away address after registering with them.

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj FROM aussiemail THINGO com

    Pauline Johnson, Oct 13, 2003