    How do I get XP to ask where to save the files before they are downloaded
    into space never to be found.
    TIA

    BIGEYE, Dec 28, 2004

  2. BIGEYE

    SA Guest

    I always elect to save the zip files. Never to run them or extract them and
    close the zip archive.

    SA, Dec 28, 2004

  3. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    I am not getting the option, if I click a download link the file appears to
    download without asking if I want to Run/Open/Save. Dont know what happens
    to it after it downloads.

    BIGEYE, Dec 28, 2004
  4. BIGEYE

    Mellowed Guest

    Try a 'right' click, then a 'save to'.

    Mellowed, Dec 28, 2004
  5. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    Tried that, it isn't a download link as such but a download button on a web
    page.

    BIGEYE, Dec 28, 2004
  6. BIGEYE

    JM Guest

    winkey-F will open the filesearch dialog.

    Alternatively, have you looked in c:\documents and settings\bigeye\local
    settings\temporary internet files\

    ?

    JM, Dec 28, 2004
  7. BIGEYE

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:29:32 -0000, "BIGEYE" <> wrote:

    >When I download zip files with XP Pro & SP2 installed, the files download to
    >a temporary folder 'somewhere' and when download is complete my file manager
    >(Powerdesk Pro) opens up. But I cant fnd the downloaded files anywhere.
    >How do I get XP to ask where to save the files before they are downloaded
    >into space never to be found.
    >TIA

    Open any Explorer folder window and choose View, Folder Options,
    File Types. In the File Types window, scroll down to the end and click
    the "ZIP" or "WinZip" entry. Click "Edit" and place a check mark beside
    "Confirm open after download." That'll do it.

    Unk, Dec 29, 2004