Downloading Trial software

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZWxqaXJhaA==?=, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. I have requested the trial download..and had the Download Confirmation Email
    sent to me twice..both times..the following is what I got...

    **********************************Please keep this e-mail for your
    records.********************************** Thank you for registering to
    download the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Kit.Note: The
    size of the download is approximately 575 megabytes (MB). The file you will
    download is in ISO image format and should be burned to CD before
    installation.To burn the ISO file to a CD, you must have a CD-RW drive (CD
    burner) with appropriate supporting software. If you do not have a CD burner,
    there are third-party software products available on the Internet that will
    allow you to create a virtual CD
    drive.--------------------------------------------------------------------Installation
    InstructionsThe following steps summarize the installation process. More
    detailed step-by-step installation and configuration instructions are
    available in the readme.htm file included with the software.To install the
    trial software for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Ki

    That is the message in its entirety...
    This forum SEEMS to be the only place where one can ask for help concerning
    a microsoft product which one does not have a valid key for..that has no
    cost attached to it...I know they have sent me a key..twice..but as you can
    see by the incomplete email..I dont know what it is..nor do I know where to
    go to download the trial..

    If anyone has experienced this or knows another way to help me..i would
    appreciate it

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWxqaXJhaA==?=, Sep 6, 2005

  2. You need burn the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial ISO to a blank
    CD-R, here is some instructions on how to do so:
    Here are some instructions:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 6, 2005

  3. normaly there should be a link in the mail to the download page.
    I've had no problem with that.

    Mr. Imhotep Djoser, Sep 6, 2005
  4. You appear to have received only the first part of the message.

    Are you sure you can't scroll down and see more of it?
    The link and key are near the end of the message.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Thank you for replying Andre...I understand the concept of the burning
    process..if you read my post..you will see that twice, Microsoft has sent me
    an incomplete email regarding the downloading of the product, as well as what
    the activation code would be, could I access the download. I was wondering if
    anyone had ever seen this issue before, and what I might do to remedy
    it..since not having access to a valid activation key..i cannot contact MS
    Support regarding the product that I woudl LIKE to download.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZWxqaXJhaA==?=, Sep 6, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZWxqaXJhaA==?=

    James Guest

    >"eljirah" <> wrote in message
    >>I have requested the trial download..and had the Download Confirmation
    >>Email
    >> sent to me twice..both times..the following is what I got...
    >>
    >> **********************************Please keep this e-mail for your
    >> records.********************************** Thank you for registering to
    >> download the Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Kit.Note:
    >> The
    >> size of the download is approximately 575 megabytes (MB). The file you
    >> will
    >> download is in ISO image format and should be burned to CD before
    >> installation.To burn the ISO file to a CD, you must have a CD-RW drive (CD
    >> burner) with appropriate supporting software. If you do not have a CD
    >> burner,
    >> there are third-party software products available on the Internet that
    >> will
    >> allow you to create a virtual CD
    >> drive.--------------------------------------------------------------------Installation
    >> InstructionsThe following steps summarize the installation process. More
    >> detailed step-by-step installation and configuration instructions are
    >> available in the readme.htm file included with the software.To install the
    >> trial software for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial Software Ki
    >>
    >> That is the message in its entirety...
    >> This forum SEEMS to be the only place where one can ask for help
    >> concerning
    >> a microsoft product which one does not have a valid key for..that has no
    >> cost attached to it...I know they have sent me a key..twice..but as you
    >> can
    >> see by the incomplete email..I dont know what it is..nor do I know where
    >> go to download the trial..
    >>
    >> If anyone has experienced this or knows another way to help me..i would
    >> appreciate it

    Hi
    Same thing happened to me couldn't get the link or the key after about
    four attempts I thought it must be my email software (outlook 2003) so
    on the fifth time of asking I got my emails online, logged on to my
    ISP and got my email from Microsoft with link and key. I know it
    doesn't make sense but it worked.
    James
    --

    They think it's all over... it is now.
    Take the FUN out of my email address to reply.

    James, Sep 6, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZWxqaXJhaA==?=

    PJB Guest

    I also registered twice but never got any emails from Microsoft. In the end
    I bought an OEM copy of WinXP pro x64 and I'm testing it for my clients on a
    Dual AMD Opteron system. So far everything has gone well. I d/loaded the
    nVidia driver to get the audio going and never looked back except I cannot
    get the firewall client software from SBS2000 to load onto the 64 bit XP.
    But I'm sure someone at MS may read this and let me know a solution to this
    problem. They are sure to be concerned about my problem ain't you MS.

    Good luck everyone.

    Peter Banks
    Wellington, NZ

    PJB, Sep 8, 2005