    I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

    Thanks.

    Cath
    Cath, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Cath

    Joy Guest

    Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
    know then it's easy,
    Lyn

    Joy, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Cath

    JJD Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:20:58 +1300, "Joy" <>
    wrote:

    >Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
    >know then it's easy,
    >Lyn
    >
    >"Cath" <> wrote in message
    >> Help!
    >>
    >> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >>
    >> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    Menu : Online > Catch up with selected groups

    JJD
    JJD, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Cath

    Geronimo Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:55:03 -0600, Cath
    <> wrote:

    >Help!
    >
    >How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >
    >I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Cath

    Online/Select get sample header and set how many
    Geronimo, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Cath

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:20:58 +1300, "Joy" <> wrote:

    >Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
    >know then it's easy,
    >Lyn
    >
    >"Cath" <> wrote in message
    >> Help!
    >>
    >> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >>
    >> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Cath

    Go to

    Online/Sample headers from selected groups

    Set how many
    Geronimo, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Cath

    Keith Guest

    Re: Downloading Thousands / Opera

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Help!
    >
    > How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >
    > I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

    Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
    the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA
    Keith, Nov 13, 2004
  7. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:55:03 -0600, Cath
    <> says...
    > Help!
    >
    > How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >
    > I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

    tell it to only download the last 500 or so?

    This is an option in lots of newsreaders
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 13, 2004
  8. Cath

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Help!
    >>
    >> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >>
    >> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

    >Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
    >the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA

    No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..

    Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..

    Not a Browser or Outlook.
    Geronimo, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Cath

    Keith Guest

    Re: Downloading Thousands / Opera

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> Help!
    > >>
    > >> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    > >>
    > >> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

    > >Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
    > >the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA

    > No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..
    > Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..
    > Not a Browser or Outlook.

    Pillock, I am using a real newreader.

    Your useless truism didn't answer my query.
    Keith, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Cath

    JB Guest

    Hi

    Try MicroPlanet Gravity Newsreader too - been using it for a few months now
    and its great. Open source / free / very configurable.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity

    Cheers

    JB

    JB, Nov 13, 2004
  11. Cath

    John Guest

    Re: Downloading Thousands / Opera

    Hi

    Try MicroPlanet Gravity Newsreader too - been using it for a few months
    now and its great. Open source / free / very configurable.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity

    Cheers

    JB

    In article <>, keithr3
    @NOJUNKclear.net.nz says...

    John, Nov 13, 2004
  12. Cath

    Geronimo Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:16:33 +1300, Keith <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> >Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
    >> >the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA

    >> No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..
    >> Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..
    >> Not a Browser or Outlook.

    >Pillock, I am using a real newreader.
    >
    >Your useless truism didn't answer my query.

    So use one then..
    Geronimo, Nov 13, 2004
  13. Cath

    Cath Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:05:39 +1300, JJD <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:20:58 +1300, "Joy" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
    >>know then it's easy,
    >>Lyn
    >>
    >>"Cath" <> wrote in message
    >>> Help!
    >>>
    >>> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >>>
    >>> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >Menu : Online > Catch up with selected groups
    >
    >JJD

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    It worked :)))))

    Cath
    Cath, Nov 13, 2004
  14. Cath

    Keith Guest

    Re: Downloading Thousands / Opera

    In article <>,
    says...

    <fix top-posting> <Thinks-how did he manage to do this as he is using
    Gravity>

    > In article <>, keithr3
    > @NOJUNKclear.net.nz says...
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <> wrote:

    ....snip...

    > > > No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..
    > > > Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..
    > > > Not a Browser or Outlook.

    > > Pillock, I am using a real newreader.
    > >
    > > Your useless truism didn't answer my query.

    > Hi
    >
    > Try MicroPlanet Gravity Newsreader too - been using it for a few months
    > now and its great. Open source / free / very configurable.
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity

    Ahhh John

    If you press <H> while viewing any of my messages it will toggle the
    headers and you will see that I am indeed using SuperGravity. (And I've
    been using it for years).

    Crickey do I have to spell it out.

    I _*know*_ that using a dedicated news client is the best way to go. But
    there are times where it may be neccessary to use a browser based news
    client. I was making a simple query on how to use the Opera client.
    Sheesh!
    Keith, Nov 14, 2004
  15. Cath

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:07:07 +1300, Geronimo wrote:

    > No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..

    So, their mind is left. Do not they have a right to choose as they see fit?

    > Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..

    Psst! Last time I checked Agent was as Newsreader which wnt undercover for
    mail. I wonder where Renie is now?

    > Not a Browser or Outlook.

    Once again Roger...? Does Outlook go newsgroups?! Nevermind
    Gordon, Nov 14, 2004
  16. Cath

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:27:01 +1300, Keith wrote:

    > I _*know*_ that using a dedicated news client is the best way to go. But
    > there are times where it may be neccessary to use a browser based news
    > client. I was making a simple query on how to use the Opera client.
    > Sheesh!

    I read it as, Why does it have this annoyannce.
    Gordon, Nov 14, 2004
  17. Cath

    Bruce Knox Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Help!
    >
    >How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
    >
    >I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Cath

    Menu Group->Default properties->What to purge

    Remove teh tick from "Always get a complete list..."

    Saves heaps of time.

    Bruce.
    Bruce Knox, Nov 15, 2004