    pic's that are attatched. These are NG's that i have used for years, yes
    they are erotic/porno etc, but suddenly i cant get the pic's. Any ideas
    anyone. Cheers. Ray.

    olddog, Aug 1, 2006

  2. olddog

    Mike Easter Guest

    olddog wrote:

    > I have found that i can get the newsgroups, but suddenly i can not
    > download pic's that are attatched. These are NG's that i have used
    > for years, yes they are erotic/porno etc, but suddenly i cant get the
    > pic's. Any ideas anyone. Cheers. Ray.

    OE6 2900.2869 = XP SP2

    There's your answer.

    http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#oe6attach Why does OE block
    downloading of pictures after SP2?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2006

  3. olddog wrote:
    > I have found that i can get the newsgroups, but suddenly i can not
    > download pic's that are attatched. These are NG's that i have used
    > for years, yes they are erotic/porno etc, but suddenly i cant get the
    > pic's. Any ideas anyone. Cheers. Ray.

    Olddog

    The solution to your problem is the following. Just a word of caution; If
    you do allow pictures and HTML content, you will open yourself up to
    possible trojans that could contain viruses, worms, etc. Make sure you have
    a good anti virus program and the definitions are up-to-date before you do
    the following. Then constantly check for updates at least 3 times a week.
    Or set your AV to do it at a specific time for you.

    Open Tools, then Options.
    Go to the Security Tab
    Under Virus protection make sure Internet Zone is selected. Make sure
    "Do not allow attachments...." is not checked.
    Under Download Images, make sure there is no check mark next to "Block
    images....."
    Make sure to click on "Apply" at the bottom of the window.
    Close the Options menu.
    Close OE and then reopen it.
    Now you should be able to see images and download them.

    Randy
    --
    Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I
    actually receive my mail there. Scott Adams (1957 - )

    Randall Smith, Aug 2, 2006