    Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
    Thanks in Advance
    Biz
    Bizkaz, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Bizkaz

    SightSeer Guest

    Bizkaz wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Have looked through posts and can't find an answer........so, I have Adobe
    > acrobat, but whenever i click on a link to a pdf download i get a blank
    > mozilla browser screen with done in bottom left.
    > Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Biz

    Off hand I'd say make sure that you have Adobe set as the default
    program to handle/open .pdf files.

    Tools Options Downloads File Types

    SS

    --
    "Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
    faith."
    SightSeer, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Bizkaz

    Bizkaz Guest

    Indeed you're right - I find that box entirely empty, and try as i might
    can't find how to add adobe reader as the prog to use for .pdf's.
    Sorry to be dense...........can you offer another word or two of advice
    Thanks Biz
    Bizkaz, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Bizkaz

    Moz Champion Guest

    Bizkaz wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Have looked through posts and can't find an answer........so, I have Adobe
    > acrobat, but whenever i click on a link to a pdf download i get a blank
    > mozilla browser screen with done in bottom left.
    > Any Ideas (in laymans terms)
    > Thanks in Advance
    > Biz

    You dont mention what system you are running.

    With Windows you have to ensure the Acrobat Plug in is available for
    Mozilla, with Mac you have to use a third party plug in.

    Once the plug in is available to Moz, the pdf files should show up (and
    you dont need a helper setting)

    In fact, since you are NOT getting a "....does not know what to to with
    this file" dialogue, you most likely DO have the pdf plug in already.
    So the issue becomes one of which version of the plug in do you have?
    Some users have experienced difficulties with some versions dependent on
    the actual system in use.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org