    the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
    Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem will
    be greatly appreciated.
    Jay Knerr, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Jay Knerr

    colin Guest

    Jay Knerr <> wrote in message
    news:xi7hd.9331$vJ.4641@trnddc02...
    > I am experiencing problems downloading PDF files from any internet sites.

    > have the current version of Adobe Reader and have uninstalled and
    > reinstalled the program several times with no change in my results. The
    > program itself works fine and will open any PDF file on my hard drive.

    When
    > I try to download files off the internet all I get is a white screen with
    > the red x in the corner. I am running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP home
    > Edition with all current updates. Any advice on solving this problem will
    > be greatly appreciated.

    What happens if you right-click the PDF link, and then select `Save Target
    A$` ?
    colin, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Jay Knerr

    Kenny Guest

    Right click the PDF file and "save target as" then open it,. much quicker
    than waiting for it to download.

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Jay Knerr

    Jay Knerr Guest

    Right Clicking and using "Save Target As" definitely works and I thank you
    for that suggestion. However, I still don't understand why the file won't
    open just by clicking on it.

    Jay Knerr, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Jay Knerr

    ric Guest

    Jay Knerr wrote:

    > Right Clicking and using "Save Target As" definitely works and I thank you
    > for that suggestion. However, I still don't understand why the file won't
    > open just by clicking on it.

    Try downloading Acrobat Reader version 5 instead of version 6. Less buggy.
    ric, Nov 1, 2004