    What do I have set up wrong? Any help will be apreciated.

    Nartker @ AOL.com

    Nartker
    Nartker, May 31, 2004

  2. Nartker

    Jim-G Guest

    My process that works great is: download all the pictures to the HD. It
    will ask with a window of the computers tree for the HD and select where you
    want it to dump them. Don't know that helps but it shouldn't put them
    anywhere without your permission.
    Jim-G
    Jim-G, May 31, 2004

  3. I like a little program that is getting bigger...cam2pc....you might want to
    check it out though, while it used to be a little utility that did exactly
    what I wanted...move photos from chip to computer...they are now bloating it
    up with lots of other stuff....but you might like some it.

    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message

    > "Nartker" <> wrote in message
    > > I am using the Olympus Camedia software on a windows XP platform.

    Every
    > time
    > > I download pictures, they are dumped onto the hard drive as a hidden

    file

    Gene Palmiter, May 31, 2004
  4. "Nartker" <> wrote in message
    > I am using the Olympus Camedia software on a windows XP platform. Every

    time
    > I download pictures, they are dumped onto the hard drive as a hidden file

    in a
    > sample/sample folder.
    >
    > What do I have set up wrong? Any help will be apreciated.
    >

    > Nartker @ AOL.com
    >
    > Nartker

    Camedia is useless. With WinXP, as soon as you connect your camera (or,
    better) a card reader to A usb port, a box should pop upon the desktop
    asking what you want to do. Select the View Files option, click through to
    Marvin Margoshes, May 31, 2004
  5. Nartker

    jbruceb Guest

    I forget exactly how to do it, but after you download your pictures, you can
    create your own albums (and folders in those albums) BEFORE you view the
    images in the workspace.
    On an XP platform, the Camedia Pro download from a USB2 card reader is the
    fastest that I have ever seen, much faster than Adobe Photoshop Album, for
    instance. Some of the other features, like RAW editing, are useful too.
    It takes some studying of the Help manual.

    ..

    jbruceb, May 31, 2004