    it?

    thanks for your answers...!

    glooooriaaa

    Gloria Drebes, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Gloria  Drebes

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-13, Gloria Drebes <> wrote:
    > hi i just downloaded this program because usenext.de advised me to do
    > so. i only bought my mac last week so i am still learning how to get
    > going with this thing. so i used to download music with usenext's
    > windows software... now they said as i have a mac i have to use this
    > software but HOW? up to now i could not find one download but many many
    > news articles... for news i use bloggs or read newspapers but i really
    > need new music and hey i payed for usenext so it should be lega, isn't
    > it?
    >

    > thanks for your answers...!
    >

    > glooooriaaa

    Translation:-

    «I paid for a UseNeXT account and got their special free software for
    leeching bunnies, but then I got an Apple Mac computer and UseNeXT
    haven't got a version of their special free software that works on a
    Mac so they suggested I try a proper newsreader program instead, such
    as MT-NewsWatcher, which I am using now. But I don't understand what
    usenet is or how it really works and I can't find (or don't understand)
    the instructions for MT-NewsWatcher so I want someone to tell me how to
    leech my bunnies with it.»

    OK. I don't use UseNeXT or Mac or MT-NewsWatcher, and I'm not interested
    in bunnies at all, but it took me mere seconds to find the instructions at
    <http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/docs/Preface.html> and I suggest that you start
    reading there. Don't skip the chapter called 'About Usenet'; it's a bit
    wordy but very informative and the rest of usenet will make little sense
    to you if you don't know the basics and the history covered there.

    In case you think that leeching bunnies is horrible and not something a
    nice girl like you would be caught dead doing, all I can say is that I
    agree. But you seem to want to do it anyway - ie download (leech) music
    (binary files - bunnies).

    Incidentally, you haven't paid for any of the stuff you might download from
    a newsgroup; what you paid for is access to UseNeXT's news-servers. As to
    whether anything you download is 'legal' or not, goodness only knows. If
    you are worried about breaching copyright on something, don't download it -
    and certainly don't upload anything that isn't yours to give away. UseNeXT
    have nothing at all to do with anything you might find in a newsgroup, and
    I'm sure they will strenuously and vigourously try to distance themselves
    from all of it. They just provide access - like a bus company, what you do
    when you get there is entirely your own affair.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Gloria  Drebes

    ded Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-08-13, Gloria Drebes <> wrote:
    >> hi i just downloaded this program because usenext.de advised me to do
    >> so. i only bought my mac last week so i am still learning how to get
    >> going with this thing. so i used to download music with usenext's
    >> windows software... now they said as i have a mac i have to use this
    >> software but HOW? up to now i could not find one download but many many
    >> news articles... for news i use bloggs or read newspapers but i really
    >> need new music and hey i payed for usenext so it should be lega, isn't
    >> it?
    >>

    >> thanks for your answers...!
    >>

    >> glooooriaaa

    > Translation:-
    >
    > «I paid for a UseNeXT account and got their special free software for
    > leeching bunnies, but then I got an Apple Mac computer and UseNeXT
    > haven't got a version of their special free software that works on a
    > Mac so they suggested I try a proper newsreader program instead, such
    > as MT-NewsWatcher, which I am using now. But I don't understand what
    > usenet is or how it really works and I can't find (or don't understand)
    > the instructions for MT-NewsWatcher so I want someone to tell me how to
    > leech my bunnies with it.»
    >
    > OK. I don't use UseNeXT or Mac or MT-NewsWatcher, and I'm not interested
    > in bunnies at all, but it took me mere seconds to find the instructions at
    > <http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/docs/Preface.html> and I suggest that you start
    > reading there. Don't skip the chapter called 'About Usenet'; it's a bit
    > wordy but very informative and the rest of usenet will make little sense
    > to you if you don't know the basics and the history covered there.
    >
    > In case you think that leeching bunnies is horrible and not something a
    > nice girl like you would be caught dead doing, all I can say is that I
    > agree. But you seem to want to do it anyway - ie download (leech) music
    > (binary files - bunnies).
    >
    > Incidentally, you haven't paid for any of the stuff you might download
    > from
    > a newsgroup; what you paid for is access to UseNeXT's news-servers. As to
    > whether anything you download is 'legal' or not, goodness only knows. If
    > you are worried about breaching copyright on something, don't download
    > it -
    > and certainly don't upload anything that isn't yours to give away.
    > UseNeXT
    > have nothing at all to do with anything you might find in a newsgroup, and
    > I'm sure they will strenuously and vigourously try to distance themselves
    > from all of it. They just provide access - like a bus company, what you
    > do
    > when you get there is entirely your own affair.
    >
    > --
    > -- Whiskers

    You pretty much covered everything, but you forgot to mention, and our
    German friends do like to be reminded, we won the war.

    ded, Aug 14, 2007