    to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that every
    single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in
    advance.
    Trish, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Trish

    PackRat2112 Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in
    news:di1kjb$957$:

    > Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    > extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    > having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
    > Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
    > one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
    > network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
    > several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
    > happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
    > assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
    > is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
    > them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

    usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is either
    off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's when
    you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.

    not really into p2p but hoping this helps.
    PackRat2112, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "PackRat2112" <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    >> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    >> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
    >> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
    >> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
    >> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
    >> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
    >> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
    >> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
    >> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
    >> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is
    > either
    > off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's when
    > you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.
    >
    > not really into p2p but hoping this helps.

    Yes that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Just wondered if there
    was a problem that I didn't know about or if I was doing something wrong. I
    don't really use it much myself, but my daughter does. Thanks for your help.

    Trish, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Trish

    PackRat2112 Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in

    > "PackRat2112" <> wrote in message
    >> "Trish" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    >>> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    >>> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants
    >>> 'Alice Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried
    >>> every single one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in
    >>> yellow waiting for network reply, then goes red and wont download,
    >>> even though there are several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8
    >>> available. This has happened on several tracks she has tried to
    >>> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is
    >>> trying to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange
    >>> that every single one of them is not online at this time. Any help
    >>> please. Thanks in advance.
    >>>

    >> usually this happens when the person you're trying to upload from is
    >> either
    >> off-line, or is only allowing "X" amoumt of upload at a time. that's
    >> when you are que'd up and have to wait your turn.
    >>
    >> not really into p2p but hoping this helps.

    > Yes that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. Just wondered if
    > there was a problem that I didn't know about or if I was doing
    > something wrong. I don't really use it much myself, but my daughter
    > does. Thanks for your help.

    ko
    PackRat2112, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Trish

    The Shed Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in message
    > Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    > extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    > having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
    > Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
    > one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
    > network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
    > several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
    > happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
    > assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
    > is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
    > them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

    Ditch the mx thing.

    do a search for things called torrents and the software required to get
    them.

    a clue ---you want a BIT of this LORD
    The Shed, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Trish

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Trish" <> wrote in

    > Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    > extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    > having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
    > Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
    > one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
    > network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
    > several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
    > happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
    > assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
    > is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
    > them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.

    Would knowing the correct filelength help?
    http://bitzi.com/search/?keywords=Alice Deejay alone radio

    There is a newsgroup for WinMX - alt.music.mp3.winmx - if you need more
    help.

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Oct 6, 2005
  7. Trish

    Trish Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "Trish" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain
    >> extent. Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however
    >> having problems with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice
    >> Deejay...Better off alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single
    >> one in the list. It appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for
    >> network reply, then goes red and wont download, even though there are
    >> several available, Example 5 of 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has
    >> happened on several tracks she has tried to download. Am I right to
    >> assume that it is because the person she is trying to download from,
    >> is not online. Though it does seem strange that every single one of
    >> them is not online at this time. Any help please. Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > Would knowing the correct filelength help?
    > http://bitzi.com/search/?keywords=Alice Deejay alone radio

    Not really, but thanks anyway. Will just have to pursiveer and keep trying.

    Trish, Oct 6, 2005
  8. Trish

    TNKEV Guest

    Trish wrote:
    > Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain

    extent.
    > Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

    problems
    > with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

    Deejay...Better off
    > alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

    It
    > appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

    then goes
    > red and wont download, even though there are several available,

    Example 5 of
    > 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

    tried to
    > download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is

    trying
    > to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

    every
    > single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

    Thanks in
    > advance.

    Hey Trish,
    I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that the
    RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when you
    select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one that
    says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other words
    thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be a
    real person.
    TNKEV, Oct 6, 2005
  9. Trish

    The Shed Guest

    "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > Trish wrote:
    >> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a certain

    > extent.
    >> Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

    > problems
    >> with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

    > Deejay...Better off
    >> alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

    > It
    >> appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

    > then goes
    >> red and wont download, even though there are several available,

    > Example 5 of
    >> 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

    > tried to
    >> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she is

    > trying
    >> to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

    > every
    >> single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

    > Thanks in
    >> advance.

    > Hey Trish,
    > I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that the
    > RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when you
    > select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one that
    > says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other words
    > thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be a
    > real person.

    jeez folks---dump the mx stuff------
    bitlord and torrents is the way to go you dont see 130KB/s (not kb/s)
    from mx do you?
    The Shed, Oct 6, 2005
  10. Trish

    TNKEV Guest

    The Shed wrote:
    > "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    >> Trish wrote:
    >>> Have fixed winmx and is connecting and downloading fine to a

    certain extent.
    >>> Have downloaded several without any problem. I am however having

    problems
    >>> with some too. For instance, my daughter wants 'Alice

    Deejay...Better off
    >>> alone (hit Radio Mix) and have tried every single one in the list.

    It
    >>> appears in the transfer list in yellow waiting for network reply,

    then goes
    >>> red and wont download, even though there are several available,

    Example 5 of
    >>> 6 or 8 of 8 available. This has happened on several tracks she has

    tried to
    >>> download. Am I right to assume that it is because the person she

    is trying
    >>> to download from, is not online. Though it does seem strange that

    every
    >>> single one of them is not online at this time. Any help please.

    Thanks in
    >>> advance.

    >> Hey Trish,
    >> I don't know how much you read at the MX group but it seems that

    the
    >> RIAA has populated the servers with fake files and user names,when

    you
    >> select a trck to DL pick a user that is actively DLing,find one

    that
    >> says 1 of 2 slots available or 2 of 3 slots available,in other

    words
    >> thay are actively uploading to somebody and it is more likely to be

    >> real person.
    >>

    > jeez folks---dump the mx stuff------
    > bitlord and torrents is the way to go you dont see 130KB/s (not

    kb/s)
    > from mx do you?

    I haven't made the first attempt to make mine work again,I listen to
    Grateful Dead 90% of the time and I DL that from etree.com,any Dead I
    find with MX is missnamed or cut.
    TNKEV, Oct 6, 2005