    Obviously I am missing something, but I have compared everything I can think
    of with my older PC and have been unable to find the difference. It has XP
    SP2 installed.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVmb3VzMDM=?=, Dec 1, 2005

  2. If you are using Internet Explorer 64-Bit, avoid doing so, use the 32-Bit
    Internet Explorer instead. Also you said, you unable to " download and save
    as", are you referring to the dialogue that pops up when you click on a link
    to save a file? I don't know of it giving such an option, I know you get
    options for images but not audio or video files. Its possible that you are
    streaming the file instead of downloading it, I would recommend right
    clicking on the download link then choose "Save Target As..." navigate to
    the location where you want the file to save then click Save.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 1, 2005

  3. On the older system with XP SP2 I was given a window asking if I wanted to
    run the file or " save it as" . On the new install, no choice is given and
    the file just runs. According to the web site, I should have the choice of
    watching the .wmv directly, or downloading.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVmb3VzMDM=?=, Dec 1, 2005
  4. Right click does solve the problem, but still wondering why my older system
    does it without the click?

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVmb3VzMDM=?=, Dec 1, 2005
  5. Agreed. That is normal behavior.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2005
  6. I get the same behavior with wmv files on my x86 machine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2005