    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Nov 9, 2003

  2. On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:30:06 -0600, Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    <> wrote:

    >I would like to download and save as an avi file or whatever a
    >streaming video of a parade. My cousin's daughter was homecoming
    >queen and I would like to be able to email him a video clip of her
    >part in the parade. The two formats that the streaming video are
    >available in is Quicktime and Real Player. Would the registered
    >version of either one of these software packages allow me to do what I
    >want? Is there any software capable of doing what I want?

    By way of answering my own question, I will tell you how I resolved
    this problem. I used a program called SnagIt 7 to capture the
    Quicktime streaming video for about 3 minutes as a avi file. This was
    a humongous file so I used Aviedit to cut it down to 45 seconds and
    converted it to mpg with Avi to Mpg Converter. This final stage
    pasted a "unregistered" in the upper left hand part of the video.
    Since I am a cheapskate and this will probably be the last time I want
    to do this, I can live with that. The final file was 8 to 9MB, still
    too big to send by email. I uploaded the file to my personal webspace
    at www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow where I will distribute it to
    friends and relatives. If you are interested in seeing the final
    product, feel free to download it. You may have to wait a day or so
    to access it since I have just activated my personal webspace.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Nov 12, 2003