    C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Shockwave10\gi.dll. This application has failed
    to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect "
    Is there a solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=, Feb 11, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You can uninstall the current version on your system, then install fresh.
    If you do a find on shockwave, you should find in the folder and application
    called unwise.exe which is the uninstall program.

    John Barnes, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Thanks but I do not have any other version of shockwave.

    =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=, Feb 12, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    What are you installing it on. Vista64 or XP X64? Personally, I don't have
    it on Vista64, but I do have Shockwave10 on XP X64 in Syswow64 and that dll
    is not present on my machine.

    John Barnes, Feb 12, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It would also seem that you are not using a 64 bit system, based on your
    post. Maybe you should post in the Vista or XP general groups instead

    John Barnes, Feb 12, 2007
  6. The following thread may help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
    You need to move the macromed folder from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to
    C:\Windows\system32 . Then the shockwave instal program will work.

    =?Utf-8?B?eHRlbGE=?=, Feb 13, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?WnJ1Yw==?=

    SuzieQ1980 Guest

    You need to move the macromed folder from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to
    C:\Windows\system32 . Then the shockwave install program will work.
    Just
    copy and paste the macromed folder to the location required by the
    installer
    program then run install again.

    --
    SuzieQ1980