    --
    "Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
    www.geocities.com/ldavison10
    Lee Davison, May 7, 2004

  2. Lee Davison

    SCVBNM Guest

    There is a program called Httracker. It has a lot of features and is
    open source. It runs on Windows and *nix.

    http://www.httrack.com/

    When you create project you can change the options for that webpage to
    something other than the default. You will probably want to set the
    internal and external scan depths, and set it to ignore robots.txt (a
    file that httrack by defaut checks that tells search engines and robots
    like httrack where they can go).
    SCVBNM, May 7, 2004

  3. Lee Davison

    Ruth Guest

    On Fri, 7 May 2004 20:47:57 +0000 (UTC), "Lee Davison"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to download a website and save it to your PC? The reason
    >being im worried some of the smaller websites I use for research may be
    >removed or lose their link, as frequently happens. I could copy text and
    >pictures individually into word files but isnt there a way to keep links in
    >place etc?

    Two excellent programmes are:

    Meta Products - "Offline Explorer Enterprise"

    and - Teleport Pro

    You can save the web pages using either of these and view or print
    them later offline.

    Ruth.
    Ruth, May 7, 2004
  4. Lee Davison

    Phil Guest

    "Lee Davison" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to download a website and save it to your PC? The reason
    > being im worried some of the smaller websites I use for research may be
    > removed or lose their link, as frequently happens. I could copy text and
    > pictures individually into word files but isnt there a way to keep links

    in
    > place etc?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lee
    >
    > --
    > "Okay Scotty, now beam down my clothes."
    > www.geocities.com/ldavison10

    In Internet Explorer, when you have the desired webpage displayed, you can
    go to view, then source, then cut and paste the complete page into the
    website editor of your choice.

    I Hope This Helps.

    Phil x x
    Phil, May 7, 2004
  5. Lee Davison

    Joevan Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 08:53:48 +1000, Ruth <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 7 May 2004 20:47:57 +0000 (UTC), "Lee Davison"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Is it possible to download a website and save it to your PC? The reason
    >>being im worried some of the smaller websites I use for research may be
    >>removed or lose their link, as frequently happens. I could copy text and
    >>pictures individually into word files but isnt there a way to keep links in
    >>place etc?

    >Two excellent programmes are:
    >
    >Meta Products - "Offline Explorer Enterprise"
    >
    >and - Teleport Pro
    >
    >You can save the web pages using either of these and view or print
    >them later offline.
    >
    >Ruth.

    I like Teleport Pro, only one I have used, but it rocks.
    joevan
    Joevan, May 8, 2004
  6. Lee Davison wrote:

    > Is it possible to download a website and save it to your PC? The reason
    > being im worried some of the smaller websites I use for research may be
    > removed or lose their link, as frequently happens. I could copy text and
    > pictures individually into word files but isnt there a way to keep links
    > in place etc?

    wget

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, May 8, 2004
  7. Lee Davison

    ProfGene Guest

    There is a program which is free called Sitesnag which will download all the
    pages of a website including the images.

    ProfGene, May 8, 2004