    Can someone please tell me how to download a video from Facebook?

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Dec 26, 2010

  2. Alasdair

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:27:36 +0000, Alasdair wrote:

    > Can someone please tell me how to download a video from Facebook?

    If it's a flash video, try using the new real player. www.real.com

    They have cleaned up their act and the software is halfway decent.

    Otherwise, just right click and choose the appropriate method to save the
    file.
    At which time you should get a box that asks if you want to run or save.
    Choose save. Then look in your downloads folder.
    richard, Dec 26, 2010

  3. Alasdair

    VanguardLH Guest

    Alasdair wrote:

    > Can someone please tell me how to download a video from Facebook?

    Depends on whether it is a file that gets downloaded and displayed in
    the web browser or if it is a video stream that gets rendered on-the-fly
    in your web browser. It also depends on whether you are using the web
    browser to retrieve the file or some other communications protocol than
    HTTP (like FTP). You never bothered to identify the URL so anyone else
    could look.

    If it is streamed video retrieved using your web browser, look at
    Applian's Replay Media Capture (payware usable with any web browser) or
    StreamTransport (free but only uses IE's libraries).
    VanguardLH, Dec 26, 2010
  4. Alasdair

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:49:23 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:44:26 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If it's a flash video, try using the new real player. www.real.com

    > I wouldn't recommend Real to my worst enemy.
    >
    >>They have cleaned up their act

    > They still lost all credibility in my book.
    >
    >>and the software is halfway decent.

    > No, it's not.
    >
    >>Otherwise, just right click and choose the appropriate method to save the
    >>file.

    > You dumbass. On a flash video? Why don't you try it, and let us know
    > what happens.
    >
    >>At which time you should get a box that asks if you want to run or save.
    >>Choose save. Then look in your downloads folder.

    > No, you get Zoom, Quality, Settings, etc.
    >
    > No "Run or save", idiot.
    >
    > Have you ever even used a computer in your life? It doesn't appear so.

    Forget to take your meds again?
    Once you install the real player, then click on the flash video, you also
    get an item that says, "Download this video".

    No comprehende, "otherwise"?

    Of course, since you don't even use the "real player", you wouldn't know
    this.
    richard, Dec 26, 2010
  5. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 13:48:37 -0700, §nühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >Alasdair wrote:
    >> Can someone please tell me how to download a video from Facebook?
    >>

    >Use Firefox with this add-on:
    >https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/3006

    Done this; doesn't work. I forgot to mention that the video concerned
    is marked private although I have permission to view it.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Dec 30, 2010