    Can anyone please tell me what to do?
    Thanks
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Apr 9, 2004

  2. ~*Eternity*~

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know how many times I have to say it, but
    AVG is crap. Get yourself some real protection:

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:53:04 -0400, in
    <c56rfl$2o6rab$-berlin.de>
    ~*Eternity*~ scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 9, 2004

  3. "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message
    > I tried to open WMP and was told that
    > "Trojan Horse Downloader.VB.EC is found in file C:\WINDOWS\pup.exe"
    > I ran AVG and it found and removed the virus. However, each time I try to
    > run my Windows Media Player, it comes back up with the virus, and I have

    > run AVG again.
    > Can anyone please tell me what to do?
    > Thanks
    > Eternity

    do you have Windows ME or Windows XP???
    If you do, you will need to disable system restore
    follow the instructions on this page.
    http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml

    Once u have disabled it, re-scan ur system for viruses once u have the all
    clear, you can enable system restore if you want.

    HTH

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Apr 9, 2004
  4. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > I don't know how many times I have to say it, but
    > AVG is crap. Get yourself some real protection:

    Is NOD32 anygood Mike??

    Seems to like updating every few hours

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Apr 9, 2004
  5. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    "Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <> wrote in message

    > "~*Eternity*~" <> wrote in message
    > > I tried to open WMP and was told that
    > > "Trojan Horse Downloader.VB.EC is found in file C:\WINDOWS\pup.exe"
    > > I ran AVG and it found and removed the virus. However, each time I try

    > > run my Windows Media Player, it comes back up with the virus, and I

    have
    > > run AVG again.
    > > Can anyone please tell me what to do?
    > > Thanks
    > > Eternity
    > >

    > do you have Windows ME or Windows XP???
    > If you do, you will need to disable system restore
    > follow the instructions on this page.
    > http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml
    >
    > Once u have disabled it, re-scan ur system for viruses once u have the all
    > clear, you can enable system restore if you want.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Gaz

    Thanks. Will do.
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Apr 9, 2004
  6. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Thanks Mike. I will try them.
    Eternity

    ~*Eternity*~, Apr 9, 2004
  7. ~*Eternity*~

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:13:59 +0100, in
    <c56slp$2pi32a$-berlin.de>
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else. scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> I don't know how many times I have to say it, but
    >> AVG is crap. Get yourself some real protection:

    >Is NOD32 anygood Mike??
    >
    >Seems to like updating every few hours
    >
    >Gaz

    NOD32 is a lot better than AVG, but it is overrated, IMO.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 9, 2004