    list of its contents. There are three EXE files amongst twelve or so other
    files in the list. To get it going do I try to open these? I've no idea
    which ones to chose. Thanks for any advice.

    JWBH, Jun 2, 2007

  2. JWBH

    DL Guest

    There are simpler methods of removing / not downloading an email, and since
    your ISP has a web interface you have one obvious solution, without
    resorting to whatever crap you are trying to install, which may well infest
    your PC

    "JWBH" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to download an 'incoming email remover' program (in case

    someone

    DL, Jun 2, 2007

  3. JWBH wrote:
    > I'm trying to download an 'incoming email remover' program (in case someone
    > sends me a massive file i dont want and it jams up my pc).
    >
    > When I do a download of this email remover program and save to a folder,
    > when i then click on it; it doesn't run the program, but just gives me a
    > list of its contents. There are three EXE files amongst twelve or so other
    > files in the list. To get it going do I try to open these? I've no idea
    > which ones to chose. Thanks for any advice.

    Would it be an inconvenience to mention which program it is?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 2, 2007
  4. JWBH

    why? Guest

    x-post to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk
    trimmed to 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 12:03:50 GMT, JWBH wrote:

    Why post to windowsxp.general? Perhaps is't Win XP you are running, one
    can only guess.

    >I'm trying to download an 'incoming email remover' program (in case someone
    >sends me a massive file i dont want and it jams up my pc).

    The same guessing applies to the program name you are tyring to
    download.

    So use AvirMail, Poppy for Windows or 1 of the many other pop3 monitor
    utls.

    >When I do a download of this email remover program and save to a folder,
    >when i then click on it; it doesn't run the program, but just gives me a

    So it's a zip (or generic compressed) file and it's opeened up the zip,
    to show you the contents and you haven't read any of the notes on what
    to do next.

    >list of its contents. There are three EXE files amongst twelve or so other
    >files in the list. To get it going do I try to open these? I've no idea
    >which ones to chose. Thanks for any advice.

    Generally extract the files into a temp folder, run the setup.

    Me

    why?, Jun 2, 2007
  5. JWBH

    Vanguard Guest

    "JWBH" wrote in message news:G0d8i.7429$...
    > I'm trying to download an 'incoming email remover' program (in case
    > someone sends me a massive file i dont want and it jams up my pc).
    >
    > When I do a download of this email remover program and save to a
    > folder, when i then click on it; it doesn't run the program, but just
    > gives me a list of its contents. There are three EXE files amongst
    > twelve or so other files in the list. To get it going do I try to
    > open these? I've no idea which ones to chose. Thanks for any
    > advice.

    So why are you hiding which e-mail program that you use? Why not
    configure it, if it has the option, to NOT download items over N bytes
    in size? You will still get the headers to determine who sent you that
    huge mail and can then decide to mark that message to get it downloaded.

    Vanguard, Jun 2, 2007