Downloaded files from cache

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Sometimes I have to clear my cache before I can download a recently updated
    file. I wish the cache worked only for web content and not for download
    files. Is there a way to control this? I don't see it in about:config.

    Thanks.


    --

    Reply in group, but if emailing add another
    zero, and remove the last word.
     
    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    > Sometimes I have to clear my cache before I can download a recently updated
    > file. I wish the cache worked only for web content and not for download
    > files. Is there a way to control this? I don't see it in about:config.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    >


    What program?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    Fear has its use but cowardice has none. - Mohandas Gandhi
     
    Ed Mullen, Nov 7, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    >> Sometimes I have to clear my cache before I can download a recently
    >> updated file. I wish the cache worked only for web content and not
    >> for download files. Is there a way to control this? I don't see it
    >> in about:config.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > What program?


    That would help. Firefox. I'm using 1.5 although maybe 2 or 3 would fix
    this.

    (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the Firefox group
    in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I forget to mention it.)


    --

    Reply in group, but if emailing add another
    zero, and remove the last word.
     
    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006
    #3
  4. Tom Del Rosso

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Tom Del Rosso* wrote:
    >
    > (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the Firefox group
    > in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I forget to mention it.)


    mozilla.support.firefox (on news.mozilla.org)

    --
    /Arne

    Proud User of SeaMonkey. Get your free copy:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
     
    Arne, Nov 7, 2006
    #4
  5. "Arne" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Once upon a time *Tom Del Rosso* wrote:
    >>
    >> (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the
    >> Firefox group in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I
    >> forget to mention it.)

    >
    > mozilla.support.firefox (on news.mozilla.org)


    Oh, it's not carried to other servers. Thanks.


    --

    Reply in group, but if emailing add another
    zero, and remove the last word.
     
    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006
    #5
  6. Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    > "Arne" <> wrote in message
    > news:
    >> Once upon a time *Tom Del Rosso* wrote:
    >>> (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the
    >>> Firefox group in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I
    >>> forget to mention it.)

    >> mozilla.support.firefox (on news.mozilla.org)

    >
    > Oh, it's not carried to other servers. Thanks.
    >
    >


    Links to the support groups:

    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.firefox
    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.thunderbird

    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.other
    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.mozilla-suite
    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.seamonkey
    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.camino
    news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.test.multimedia

    Lee
     
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 7, 2006
    #6
  7. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    > "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > news:
    >> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    >>> Sometimes I have to clear my cache before I can download a recently
    >>> updated file. I wish the cache worked only for web content and not
    >>> for download files. Is there a way to control this? I don't see it
    >>> in about:config.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> What program?

    >
    > That would help. Firefox. I'm using 1.5 although maybe 2 or 3 would fix
    > this.
    >
    > (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the Firefox group
    > in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I forget to mention it.)
    >
    >


    Not sure but I think your download history is the issue. You can
    manually clear it by Tools - Downloads - Clean Up button. Or, set it in
    Tools - Options - Privacy - Download History. Set "Remove files from
    the download manager" to "Upon successful download." See if that does it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
     
    Ed Mullen, Nov 8, 2006
    #7
  8. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Tom Del Rosso wrote:
    > "Arne" <> wrote in message
    > news:
    >> Once upon a time *Tom Del Rosso* wrote:
    >>> (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the
    >>> Firefox group in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I
    >>> forget to mention it.)

    >> mozilla.support.firefox (on news.mozilla.org)

    >
    > Oh, it's not carried to other servers. Thanks.
    >
    >


    It is available on Google Groups. However, you can easily set up
    another account in your current newsreader software for that server. It
    doesn't cost anything.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?
     
    Ed Mullen, Nov 8, 2006
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    808
    Leonidas Jones
    Oct 28, 2003
  2. Porter Smith

    Can't access files downloaded by Firefox

    Porter Smith, Dec 6, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    501
    Porter Smith
    Dec 6, 2005
  3. Raymund Donzdorf

    Where are downloaded picture files stored on HD?

    Raymund Donzdorf, Dec 30, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,481
    Patrick
    Dec 31, 2003
  4. Brad Bryant
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,183
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Feb 23, 2004
  5. Kane's son
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    684
    Kane's son
    Dec 21, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page