Downloadable camera manuals?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sigi Rindler, Jun 9, 2006.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Is there any URL that leads to a site which offers printable user manuals in
    English for digital cameras? I have purchased a camera that offers
    multilingual settings, but the model was bought in Japan and comes with a
    Japanese manual only. I can manage it, but it would be easier if I could
    read it in my native tongue. Of course I would be able to get hold of an
    English or German manual, but this involves some real waiting as I have
    experienced in the past.
    I am even prepared to pay for a downloadable PDF file.

    Regards,

    S.R.

    Sigi Rindler, Jun 9, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    SJP Guest

    re Downloadable camera manuals?

    "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > Is there any URL that leads to a site which offers printable user manuals
    > in English for digital cameras? I have purchased a camera that offers
    > multilingual settings, but the model was bought in Japan and comes with a
    > Japanese manual only. I can manage it, but it would be easier if I could
    > read it in my native tongue. Of course I would be able to get hold of an
    > English or German manual, but this involves some real waiting as I have
    > experienced in the past.
    > I am even prepared to pay for a downloadable PDF file.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > S.R.

    And the make and model is ????

    SJP, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Dan Evans Guest

    > Is there any URL that leads to a site which offers printable user manuals
    > in English for digital cameras? I have purchased a camera that offers
    > multilingual settings, but the model was bought in Japan and comes with a
    > Japanese manual only. I can manage it, but it would be easier if I could
    > read it in my native tongue. Of course I would be able to get hold of an
    > English or German manual, but this involves some real waiting as I have
    > experienced in the past.
    > I am even prepared to pay for a downloadable PDF file.

    You don't reckon that http://www.$manufacturer.com/ is a good place to
    start?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Sigi Rindler

    philo Guest

    > Is there any URL that leads to a site which offers printable user manuals

    in
    > English for digital cameras? I have purchased a camera that offers
    > multilingual settings, but the model was bought in Japan and comes with a
    > Japanese manual only. I can manage it, but it would be easier if I could
    > read it in my native tongue. Of course I would be able to get hold of an
    > English or German manual, but this involves some real waiting as I have
    > experienced in the past.
    > I am even prepared to pay for a downloadable PDF file.

    Just go to the website of the camera's manufacturer
    and download the manual.

    My Casio had the manual on CD...
    and it was a 250 page print out...

    so I suppose your next question will be:

    "Where does one get paper for the printer?"

    Hint: You cannot down load that <G>

    philo, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    > Just go to the website of the camera's manufacturer
    > and download the manual.
    >
    > My Casio had the manual on CD...
    > and it was a 250 page print out...
    >

    > so I suppose your next question will be:
    >
    > "Where does one get paper for the printer?"
    >
    > Hint: You cannot down load that <G>

    Yea... well, that's what I did. However, it was a bit "hidden" at the first
    glance...:)
    Anyway, the CASIO EX-Z1000 doesn't have an online manual yet; the EX-Z850
    and all the others have. I'll need to beg Casio for this one.

    Thanks everybody for the hints...

    Sigi Rindler, Jun 9, 2006