    How can I fix this.
    Many thanks
    Saref
    Saref Aref, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Saref Aref

    HF Guest

    Get some anti virus !!!!
    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi every body
    > I use outlook Express when I receive new mails. But I noticed that a

    message
    > opened automatically from among the messages I received. If this message
    > contain virus it will get in my computer.
    > How can I fix this.
    > Many thanks
    > Saref

    ---
    HF, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Saref Aref

    LarryLamb Guest

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Hi every body
    > I use outlook Express when I receive new mails. But I noticed that a

    message
    > opened automatically from among the messages I received. If this message
    > contain virus it will get in my computer.
    > How can I fix this.
    > Many thanks
    > Saref

    If you're ultra-cautious it's worth disabling the Preview pane, which
    automatically opens emails, possibly activating a virus. To do this, go to
    View&gt;Layout and uncheck "Show Preview Pane".
    LarryLamb, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Saref Aref

    k35454 Guest

    "LarryLamb" <> wrote in message

    "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > Hi every body
    > I use outlook Express when I receive new mails. But I noticed that a

    message
    > opened automatically from among the messages I received. If this message
    > contain virus it will get in my computer.
    > How can I fix this.
    > Many thanks
    > Saref

    If you're ultra-cautious it's worth disabling the Preview pane, which
    automatically opens emails, possibly activating a virus. To do this, go to
    View&gt;Layout and uncheck "Show Preview Pane".

    I second that motion. k35454.
    k35454, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Saref Aref

    Thor Guest

    "k35454" <> wrote in message

    > "LarryLamb" <> wrote in message
    >
    > "Saref Aref" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi every body
    > > I use outlook Express when I receive new mails. But I noticed that a

    > message
    > > opened automatically from among the messages I received. If this message
    > > contain virus it will get in my computer.
    > > How can I fix this.
    > > Many thanks
    > > Saref
    > >

    > If you're ultra-cautious it's worth disabling the Preview pane, which
    > automatically opens emails, possibly activating a virus. To do this, go to
    > View&gt;Layout and uncheck "Show Preview Pane".
    >
    > I second that motion. k35454.

    You can also set OE6 SP1 to display messages in plain text only. This
    prevents any embedded HTML/VB script/javascript buggery from launching in a
    message. It's a nice alternative to shutting off the preview pane.
    Thor, Feb 17, 2004