    disappearing from the list.

    I am using the default download folder.

    TIA for any ideas.
    Invisible Man, Mar 7, 2010

  2. "Invisible Man" wrote

    > Firefox 3.6
    > Windows 7 64bit
    >
    > When I download a file progress displays in the download window. In
    > accordance with my settings when the download has finished the window
    > remains open. The file however disappears from the download list. Anyone
    > know what causes this and if there is a setting to stop files
    > disappearing from the list.
    >
    > I am using the default download folder.
    >
    > TIA for any ideas.

    In the addres bar type: about:config
    Paste this into the "filter" field: browser.download.manager.retention
    Does the value exist?

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Download_Manager_preferences

    browser.download.manager.retention
    Indicates how long downloads are retained in the Download Manager's queue
    after the download is completed successfully.

    0 indicates that the download should be removed upon completion;
    1 indicates that completed and canceled downloads should be removed on quit;
    2 indicates that downloads should never be removed automatically.

    In Firefox and SeaMonkey the default value is 2.
    In Thunderbird the default value is 1;
    If the preference is missing, the value 0 is used.
    MasterBlaster, Mar 8, 2010

  3. Invisible Man

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:02:35 +0000, in message <hn0t8b$9e1$-september.org>
    Invisible Man <> wrote:

    > Firefox 3.6
    > Windows 7 64bit
    >
    > When I download a file progress displays in the download window. In
    > accordance with my settings when the download has finished the window
    > remains open. The file however disappears from the download list. Anyone
    > know what causes this and if there is a setting to stop files
    > disappearing from the list.
    >
    > I am using the default download folder.
    >
    > TIA for any ideas.

    Regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Mar 8, 2010
  4. On 08/03/2010 09:38, MasterBlaster wrote:
    > "Invisible Man" wrote
    >
    >> Firefox 3.6
    >> Windows 7 64bit
    >>
    >> When I download a file progress displays in the download window. In
    >> accordance with my settings when the download has finished the window
    >> remains open. The file however disappears from the download list. Anyone
    >> know what causes this and if there is a setting to stop files
    >> disappearing from the list.
    >>
    >> I am using the default download folder.
    >>
    >> TIA for any ideas.

    > In the addres bar type: about:config
    > Paste this into the "filter" field: browser.download.manager.retention
    > Does the value exist?
    >
    > https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Download_Manager_preferences
    >
    > browser.download.manager.retention
    > Indicates how long downloads are retained in the Download Manager's queue
    > after the download is completed successfully.
    >
    > 0 indicates that the download should be removed upon completion;
    > 1 indicates that completed and canceled downloads should be removed on quit;
    > 2 indicates that downloads should never be removed automatically.
    >
    > In Firefox and SeaMonkey the default value is 2.
    > In Thunderbird the default value is 1;
    > If the preference is missing, the value 0 is used.

    Absolutely brilliant. Many thanks. It was 0. It is now 2 and I can see
    my downloads to use them without having to open windows explorer - or
    whatever they call it in windows 7.
    Invisible Man, Mar 8, 2010
  5. "Invisible Man" wrote:

    > >> The file however disappears from the download list.

    > > In the addres bar type: about:config
    > > Paste this into the "filter" field: browser.download.manager.retention

    > Absolutely brilliant. Many thanks. It was 0. It is now 2 and I can see
    > my downloads to use them without having to open windows explorer - or
    > whatever they call it in windows 7.

    Don't forget Ralph Fox's better reply..........

    The setting is actually changed there with "Remember what I've downloaded".
    I looked everywhere else *except* that tab, and just stumbled on my solution
    by accident, after assuming there wasn't a box to check. Silly me!
    MasterBlaster, Mar 9, 2010