    what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
    into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
    it..but it will still need decent broadband...

    Nova, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Nova

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:34:49 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/03/23/movie.download/index.html
    >
    >I assume this will be the way of the future. Whether it will be part of
    >NZ's future is the thing.. Not with the restrictive caps and current
    >state of broadband here.....
    >

    >That along with some of the studios in America trialling free downloads
    >of tv episodes (with adverts in them) or paying for ad-free episodes..
    >Surely this is the future, where you will turn on your tv and choose
    >what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
    >into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
    >it..but it will still need decent broadband...

    They will need to have a look at their prices. £20 for a new release
    and £10 for an older movie is absurd. You can buy hard copy DVDs for
    less than that. I got a Zone 2 DVD from the UK recently, an older
    movie, for £10, incl freight.

    GraB, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Nova

    Nova Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:34:49 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/03/23/movie.download/index.html
    >>
    >> I assume this will be the way of the future. Whether it will be part of
    >> NZ's future is the thing.. Not with the restrictive caps and current
    >> state of broadband here.....
    >>

    >> That along with some of the studios in America trialling free downloads
    >> of tv episodes (with adverts in them) or paying for ad-free episodes..
    >> Surely this is the future, where you will turn on your tv and choose
    >> what tv you want to watch... Probably eventually it will be included
    >> into TV's so that people that know nothing about a computer can use
    >> it..but it will still need decent broadband...

    > They will need to have a look at their prices. £20 for a new release
    > and £10 for an older movie is absurd. You can buy hard copy DVDs for
    > less than that. I got a Zone 2 DVD from the UK recently, an older
    > movie, for £10, incl freight.

    Yeah I agree on that but I am sure this will become common eventually
    and prices will drop etc.

    Nova, Mar 24, 2006