    Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good. Any
    opinions?

    Thanks.

    Me, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Me

    colin Guest

    Me <> wrote in message
    news:4032fa33$0$22505$...
    > Just started experiencing problems within the last 48 hours. Have always
    > been able to download stuff such as windows updates, etc, but for no
    > apparent reason, I am now unable to download anything.
    >
    > No error message, nothing. I click on the 'download' button, and nothing
    > happens. Computer doesn't freeze, just will not respond to the download.
    >
    > Running XP. Performed defrag, spybot and adaware, and still no good. Any
    > opinions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    What does a right-click and then `save target A$` do?

    colin, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    Works that way, however the windows updates do not allow this.

    Same problem when visiting an internet shopping sites. Will not allow me add
    things to shopping carts.

    Me, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Me

    Pepperoni Guest

    Do you use Norton? The Internet Security portion must be disabled on some
    sites. It blocks cookies regardless of your security settings (in IE) and
    blocks some pop-ups and graphics on marketing sites.

    Pepperoni, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Me

    Me Guest

    Thanks for that, but to do it by itself overnight, after 2 years of no
    trouble??

    Me, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Me

    Pepperoni Guest

    Monday was the first time it happened.... took all day to figure out what
    was causing it. A new update, perhaps?

    Pepperoni, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Me

    Me Guest

    Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

    Me, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Me

    Hazzard Guest

    > > > "Pepperoni" <> wrote in message

    on
    > > some

    IE)
    > > and

    I shut down Norton but the problem persists. Any other options?

    Hazzard, Feb 18, 2004
  9. Me

    bearman Guest

    "Hazzard" <> wrote in message

    > on
    > > > some

    > IE)
    > > > and
    > > > > >

    > I shut down Norton but the problem persists. Any other options?

    Maybe you have to prevent Norton from loading at all. Run msconfig, select
    the startup tab, and remove the checks from anything Norton, click apply
    then reboot.

    bearman, Feb 18, 2004
  10. Me

    Hazzard Guest

    Thanks. Will do.

    Hazzard, Feb 19, 2004
  11. Me

    Hazzard Guest

    "bearman" <> wrote in message
    > Maybe you have to prevent Norton from loading at all. Run msconfig,

    select
    > the startup tab, and remove the checks from anything Norton, click apply
    > then reboot.

    Unfortunately that didn't help either. I have also received advice from HP
    help desk. They suggested exactly what you just have.

    Any other options? It's got me stumped!!??

    Hazzard, Feb 19, 2004
  12. Me

    Hazzard Guest

    Is re-installing Windows my only chance?

    Hazzard, Feb 20, 2004