Download Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paris, Aug 5, 2010.

  1. paris

    paris Guest

    Hey ...

    I am running win7 - I just purchased a software.

    software owner just sent me an email to my gmail
    account with download/reg. requirements.

    However, when I click on any link in the email for
    any downloads - of course I get the address bar
    reading - click here if you wish to download ...
    but when I click - download ... all that happens is
    this ---> a new page opens with this message ->

    "Copyright 2002-2010 Google Inc."

    So wtf is that! Anything I can do?

    Thanks!

    Paris

    paris, Aug 5, 2010

  2. paris

    Mike Easter Guest

    paris wrote:

    > software owner just sent me an email to my gmail
    > account with download/reg. requirements.
    >
    > However, when I click on any link in the email for
    > any downloads - of course I get the address bar
    > reading - click here if you wish to download ...
    > but when I click - download ... all that happens is
    > this ---> a new page opens with this message ->
    >
    > "Copyright 2002-2010 Google Inc."
    >
    > So wtf is that! Anything I can do?

    I can't tell exactly what is going on, but it is likely that the problem
    is that your software vendor has sent you a link that doesn't work as
    intended - doesn't work as the vendor intended - doesn't work as it should.

    If that is the case, then the vendor needs to fix the problem, you
    can't. The problem isn't on 'your end'.

    Since I'm not sure exactly what is going on, it is possible that you
    don't understand something or are not doing something correctly.

    Rather than just click the link in the email, why don't you try copying
    and pasting the link into your browser's address bar.

    Meanwhile contact the vendor and tell them you are having trouble
    getting/downloading the purchase and you might have to cancel the charge
    to your CC account if you can't work it out.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 5, 2010

  3. paris

    Peter Foldes Guest

    paris

    What happens if you hold down the Ctrl key and then clicking on the link. Does it
    open then ?

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Aug 5, 2010
  4. paris

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:05:19 -0700, paris wrote:

    > Hey ...
    >
    > I am running win7 - I just purchased a software.
    >
    > software owner just sent me an email to my gmail account with
    > download/reg. requirements.
    >
    > However, when I click on any link in the email for any downloads - of
    > course I get the address bar reading - click here if you wish to
    > download ... but when I click - download ... all that happens is this
    > ---> a new page opens with this message ->
    >
    > "Copyright 2002-2010 Google Inc."
    >
    > So wtf is that! Anything I can do?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Paris

    Contact the supplier of the software you purchased.
    The link they sent you isn't the right one.

    Meat Plow, Aug 5, 2010
  5. paris wrote:
    > Hey ...
    >
    > I am running win7 - I just purchased a software.
    >
    > software owner just sent me an email to my gmail
    > account with download/reg. requirements.
    >
    > However, when I click on any link in the email for
    > any downloads - of course I get the address bar
    > reading - click here if you wish to download ...
    > but when I click - download ... all that happens is
    > this ---> a new page opens with this message ->
    >
    > "Copyright 2002-2010 Google Inc."
    >
    > So wtf is that! Anything I can do?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Paris